Returning, Where to Start?

Jeevez

Hey all,

I recently bought an RS membership card and decided to take a look at the game again to alleviate some of the summer boredom. I haven't played since before the big combat change. I hopped on the other day and went through the combat tutorial to get a grasp on the new combat system. Once I completed the tutorial, I had no clue where to start. Before I took my long hiatus I was working on leveling my slayer. Now I have no clue where to start for quests, skills, etc. I have a few questions regarding this.

1) Before I left I knew the optimal setup for my character's level and slayer tasks. Now I'm without a clue. What should I be wearing in combat for each aspect of combat?

2) What are some essential quests that I should complete?

3) I don't know what to start leveling skill-wise. Just taking a look at my skills, what should I absolutely be leveling?

4) What other general information should I be informed of?

Sorry for such an open-ended post. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks

Jeevez.png

dark_myth19.png

Dark_myth19.png

Start with unlocking the new lodestones that was added recently, they make going around a lot easier.

Regarding combat - what weapons and armour do you have now? You would want the best gear for your level within your budget. When you hold your mouse over weapons and armour, you can see it's level. So you would want at least level 70 weapons and armour if you go fighting, better if you can afford it, especially weapons.

Skillwise - I suggest working on the skills that unlocks player owned ports. That is herblore, runecrafting, slayer, prayer, fishing and thieving, you need 90 to unlock each adventurer in ports - so start with fishing since that is where you are closest. You will also get a daily task each day, those tasks are good to do for experience in different skills.

Questwise: the world awakes, and all quests related to it.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

As far as combat goes, I used to have a pretty decent setup. Standard whip, guthans, veracs, some torags, the standard dragon pieces, and other assorted equipment. I have about 34m at my disposal, I don't know what that would by me weapons/armor wise that I really needed.

dark_myth19.png

Dark_myth19.png

I'd work on getting one more magic level, then you can use ganodermic armour and a staff of light, total cost of maybe 3m, and very respectable magic gear

For melee, a set of torags or guthans will work fine, and you'll want a 2h weapon for each style (stab, slash and crush), so go for a zamorakian spear (or your guthan's warspear), bandos godsword, and a saradomin sword

For melee, the old combo of the crystal bow + karils will work fine there

Full slayer helmet if you have one is a <3:, and if you don't have one, go grab one ;)

Skillwise, I'd work on short term, getting your skills up to the levels where you can get the quest point cape, it will have better stats than most capes you can get hold of, and grant you access to various helpful things like ancient curses, 6th age circuits, and other various little nice things <3:

Long term, you want to start Player Owned Ports, which means you need at least level 90 in one of the following skills: Fishing, Prayer, Herblore, Thieiving, Slayer or Runecrafting. Ideally, to finish off Ports gearwise, you want 95 fletching, 90 smithing, and 90 crafting so you can create the ports items :)

Quests, finish The World Wakes asap, but I'd advise going for a quest point cape, so yeah.. ;)

Generally, I'd advise you to unlock all the lodestones if you haven't already, and find a helpful friends chat where you can ask questions if you have them. While I'm not the person to do a shameless plug (I'll leave that to Polarbearblu!), the HYT chat is the unofficial tip.it chat, and is currently hosted in "Serpent Eye", so if you pop in there, a few people will generally be willing to answer questions :P

Welcome back ;)

[hide=Stats]Dragonkng198.png          Pumpking.png[/hide]

61669e5031.png

71fb431906.png

39c60fedc1.jpg

Seems like everyone above me gave you a pretty good description on what to do, but if I might add the whip isn't as useful as it once was, a Saradomin sword on the other hand only cost a mil and assuming you have the requirements it'll be well worth the million

*sigh* no one mentioned power armor.

Hey all,

I recently bought an RS membership card and decided to take a look at the game again to alleviate some of the summer boredom. I haven't played since before the big combat change. I hopped on the other day and went through the combat tutorial to get a grasp on the new combat system. Once I completed the tutorial, I had no clue where to start. Before I took my long hiatus I was working on leveling my slayer. Now I have no clue where to start for quests, skills, etc. I have a few questions regarding this.

1) Before I left I knew the optimal setup for my character's level and slayer tasks. Now I'm without a clue. What should I be wearing in combat for each aspect of combat?

The ABSOLUTE best gear is going to be Torva/Pernix/Virtus for melee/range/mage respectively. Assuming those can't be obtained you'll want the other GWD sets, bandos/armadyl/subjugation. For necklaces you'll want a Saradomin Whisper/Murmer and an Arcane Stream Necklace from DG. For rings you're going to want to get either MA rings or the 6th Age Circuit as a reward from The World Wakes and its subquests. For capes you're going to want a Kiln Cape, Ava's Accumulator, and the Mage Arena Cape.

In general use the highest tier gear that you can unless you can afford damage boosting power armor because the increase in damage is near infinitely more useful than the extra defense/lifepoints.

Definitely get a set of void as its damage boosts look to be at least on par with Nex/GWD sets.

2) What are some essential quests that I should complete?

All of them. The rewards are all worth having or they build to another quest with rewards worth having. Plus they help immerse yourself in the game so you can get the hand of things again more quickly.

3) I don't know what to start leveling skill-wise. Just taking a look at my skills, what should I absolutely be leveling?

I would start by working on Dungeoneering for the sake of getting Chaotic weapons as they are a huge increase in usefullness compared to even tier 7.5, while doing dg I would start farming herbs for profit and start working on hunter so that by the time you have the better herbs to farm unlocked you can use herb farming juju potions for even more cash. By the time you've finished getting chaotic claws/staff/ccwbows you should have enough cash for the GWD armor sets (probably not torva but Bandos, Pernix, and Virtus sans wand and book). I would also focus on trying to get through the Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble quests asap for Manage Thy Kingdom for extra cash once a week.

4) What other general information should I be informed of?

Try to use google and rs wiki to look up answers to questions that you have and use this forum for help after that. We're more than happy to help but it can be frustrating for some of us when people ask (what is manage thy kingdom?) when they could have found out from google much faster than it takes us to type up well written response.

Sorry for such an open-ended post. I just don't know where to start.

Thanks

Jeevez.png

Responses in bold. Cheers.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword