Reclaiming an old account

Blyaunte

Reclaiming?

So he hasn't played for months and months , or did he get caught for botting? Or did he get hacked? I don't believe it would be for botting but I do know when I was reported for my name being apparently offensive :rolleyes: ... when I made contact with Jagex, they responded very quickly and gave me free spins.... took all of about 5 mins.

Edited by Kaida23
Removed rulebreaking suggestion

Oooo I know! I just went through this whole process not to long ago. THere is a thread on the RSOF that will be of great help. GIves you an email address to get in contact with and answer some questions etc. I did that and had my account back withing a couple hours :). Let me get the quick find code for you

peever142.png

Update: he wrote to Jagex and made an inquiry for the account but they denied it. Not sure why. It's not easy getting straight answers from a distracted teenager by text message. :rolleyes:

FYI - this is my "other" son - the one that stopped playing Runescape in 2007 or so. He hasn't used the account since that time and has no way of recollecting what the password for the account had been.

It's an old account which he had started in or around October 2002. For all intents and purposes, it may even have been purged for all I know. Of course, he's confident that Jagex should keep "back ups" of all their data, so - you know - it should be accessible.

Yes - he's one of THOSE kids that doesn't listen to his mother ...

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Update: he wrote to Jagex and made an inquiry for the account but they denied it. Not sure why. It's not easy getting straight answers from a distracted teenager by text message. :rolleyes:

FYI - this is my "other" son - the one that stopped playing Runescape in 2007 or so. He hasn't used the account since that time and has no way of recollecting what the password for the account had been.

It's an old account which he had started in or around October 2002. For all intents and purposes, it may even have been purged for all I know. Of course, he's confident that Jagex should keep "back ups" of all their data, so - you know - it should be accessible.

Yes - he's one of THOSE kids that doesn't listen to his mother ...

:lol:

This is going to be very hard to recover, as i believe he stopped playing before you had to register an email to your account. Since he can't remember the password either, that makes things even harder. The only thing he has is a Username and Account creation date. It's still not impossible to get it back though, but it's going to require some thinking and remembering.

So, what i would suggest, is emailing the billing support again. Start off by explaining that you have not played since 2007, but would like to start up again. Include as much information as you can concerning the account creation date (be as precise as you can), where it was created (again, be precise [Country, City]). If you can remember this far back, try remember the ISP used to create the account, and any other ISP since then. Since he can't remember the password, i doubt he would be able to remember any recoveries that were on the account (if there were any) but if he remembers those, include them too. If he was a member, include what payment method was used. If it was by card (debit or credit), include the last 4 digits of the card used.

This is basically the format of their recovery page, so it would give a very detailed description of his account to help prove that he was in fact the owner of the account. It would also be helpful to include some achievements that mostly the owner of the account would know (things like first 99, second 99 are good examples). If you can remember the date at which he first got membership, it would help a lot too.