Short Nightmare Zone Guide

sa121

It was via an afk melee account with no demon, 25k rounds.  Also, I edited in black knight titan info into the previous posts.

I have tried selling the 1x1 mage account, but few people have the quest reqs, and not a lot are interested in it.  I advertise it sometimes on my other acc, and on forums, and sometimes I'll get pms where I can sell rounds for 50k.  If I made a titan account, I could probably bump that to 75k with no loss in profitability.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's viable at pretty much any level, however you'd want to stick with normals instead of hard modes until probably around 60-70 att/str.

I did some tests on using absorption potions instead of prayer potions, and at 76/77 all melees, I found that 3 four dose overloads, 1 gmaul, and the rest (96 doses I think) absorption pots works out best.  It should cost somewhere around 112k NMZ points for that, and I was getting an average of around 175k points in return, which took about an hour to utilize.  I wouldn't suggest doing absorptions until at least 70 defence though.

XP/hr of absorptions appears to be about the same, around 75k melee xp/hr and 25k hp xp/hr at 77 att/str.

This should make you profit assuming you buy herb boxes, since you should be able to buy ~6 herb boxes which'll average to at least 10k ea, which should cover barrows repairs, the 25k for the boost, and the 6k for getting in.

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

• 1 month later...

Yeah, black knight titan is the best 5th monster - there are a few accounts with it on it, though they're rare.  I haven't played much lately since I kinda got annoyed at RS after dumb deaths.  Eventually I'll come back and overhaul this.

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

• 3 weeks later...

If you don't know yet, world 369 is the world for maging at nmz with 1x1 monster hosts. I don't know if you remember me, but last time I saw you at nmz, you were the only host with all 1x1 monsters (even though you had treus dayth instead of bkt). I just think it's funny that one day we were searching for 1x1 hosts and then, out of nowhere people made them.

The exp per hour using a not so hard to master 'lure method' where in a group of 3, 2 people dd while another person runs east to west 2 spaces at a time is higher than alching by far. From a bad to good team, you can come out with anywhere between 160-180k mage exp, as well as 120k hp exp per hour. I like to train my defence with this method so I come out with usually 80k defence and 120k hp & mage exp per hour.

Also, looking back at your monk vs. ahrims test, I find this interesting because when maging in a group with 2 other people using the 'lure method', the amount of points you attain using ahrims compared with using monks is a lot higher. So I think you would get more exp/hour with ahrims. I easily come out a game with max points before everyone else.

It's funny because all this time I was scared for a nerf before 94 mage, and here I am with 97 mage and 97 defence and an untrim hp cape. I have earned and spent well over 50 million points from this game, allowing me to have 99 range banked. I hope to get 99 mage very soon and probably will earn it before mod mat k looks at the exp rates from nmz a little more carefully. Expect a nerf soon since people are complaining on the forums quite a bit.

Yeah, I apologize for kinda abandoning this thread, I kinda got busy with school and real life stuff.  I might have to go back into maging NMZ, I do want 94 pre-nerf.  No promises this time though about updating the guide quite yet - though eventually I will, since this was one of the more popular NMZ guides a few months back according to google.

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure that you're the one hosting the NMZ, and that you've done a quest that requires the use of magic - like family crest or the lighthouse quest.

Also, holy crap NMZ maging in it's current iteration is so stupidly OP it's crazy.  AFK 150k magic xp/hr for free.  Crazzzyyy good.  If I ever get free time where I'm not doing homework, I'll add a short section on it, though in the meantime, just youtube "nightmare zone maging" and look for a result within the past month for how it's currently being done.

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

• 2 weeks later...

Good to know - I'm guessing Dh starts being better xp when you're around 75-80 att/str, or if you have abnormally high hp (ie you already did 99 mage/range so you're 70-70 with like 95 HP).   I'm going to wait until this poll finishes up and see what Jagex does with NMZ, then I'll go ahead and edit the guide I think, since I'm finally getting some more free time that isn't taken up by work or school.

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

• 3 weeks later...

To whom it may concern...

At 74-76 magic, a 1 hour (3 ovl trip) with someone else luring:

+663,191 NMZ points

+161,586 Magic XP

+107,836 HP XP

-162k GP for luring/boosting

-10.5 prayer potions (4)

Smoke barrage, protect from melee only, +101 magic attack, +14 prayer

At 61-66 range, a 1 hour (3 ovl trip) with someone else luring.*

+233,987 NMZ points

+203,381 Ranged XP

+67,636 HP XP

-162k GP for luring/boosting

-22.75 prayer potions (4)

-1,292 red chinchompas

157.42xp/chin

Short fuse, protect from melee and eagle eye, +103 range attack (void), +10 prayer

*The lurer was really bad at luring. AFK'd very often and didn't know how to lure properly, so these figures could be much higher.

77yLQy8.png

Probably would want higher ranged before starting since your partner mustve been outhitting you each time for the final hits, giving you less pts. Also Id like to note that blood bursting is a viable method should anyone want to google it or add me.

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

No way, Jose. It would've taken 20 hours to go from 61-70 range with knives. With chins, it only took 2 hours.

Not sure what ranged lvl is needed to out-DPS smoke barrage. With medium fuse it shouldn't be very high. I didn't realize medium is better than short when I did that trip.

77yLQy8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Demon is definitely better if you're Dharoking and/or have high attack since it has higher defense, but more HP and more points. I'm only 60 attack though so MTD is much better for me.

BTW I get about 5% more xp/hr with DDS instead of Gmaul for power surge.

For those of you using Dharoks, you might find this Reddit thread helpful. The only concern I see with using absorb pots instead of prayer pots is that you can't use strength prayers if you don't bring prayer potions. Unless the ancient mace + power surge is consistent enough to maintain the boosts.

77yLQy8.png

Lol mat k read that thread and replyd, so he is 100% aware that 1. rapid renewal can stun hp gain and 2. at 1 hp your absorptions only take 1 dmg/hit. However dont expect a nerf until next year

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?