EoC - Damage Calcuations

Stev

Hello, TIFers! I have what is probably a simple question.

How is damage in EoC calculated? I was under the impression that it was...

Say my damage in my loadout tab is 1500.

Now, say I used assault which can hit 219% of my damage.

Is my hit...

Math.floor(Math.floor(Math.random()*1500)*(Math.random()*2.19))
In other words, is it simply a random number from 0 to 1500 multiplied by a random number between 0 to 2.19? Therefore, would that make my max hit for this example simply 1500*2.19?

My main question, or most important, is the last question there. Obviously you'd multiply it by void multiplier or whatever, but is that the jist of it?

09144a99bb.png

The weapon damage used in the calculation is the damage that the weapon would do if it had the same DPS but had fastest attack speed.

So for example, if your 1500 loadout is fastest, then your math would be correct, assuming the weapon is 2h. If it is dual wield, and both are fastest, then the damage used to calculate for the ability damage is sum of both hands.

If your weapon speed was say... average, then the damage would be normalised, so 1500/3.6*2.4 = 1000, and that would be used to determine the ability damage. If the weapon speed in both of your hands are different, each are normalised seperately before being used to calculate ability damage.

To answer your void question, that is one of the few things I did not manage to test before they modified the way crit works (crit now has a range rather than always being max hit. It was very useful in determining how damage actually works), but I would assume it's multiplied to the overall damage.

Power armor is added directly to NORMALISED weapon damage before being multiplied by the ability modifier, but there is a catch: 2h only receives 1x power armor damage bonus, and dual wield receives 1.5x the damage bonus (2h should have received 1.5x as well).

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Thanks, chenw!

In your opinion, is the following very accurate:

Ability damage

I'm sure you can guess why I'm asking. :P.

I don't know how range and mage work, but the melee section at least is accurate. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Looks all accurate, I never figured out the exact formula, but they formulae looks legit and accurate.

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

I knew that before Magic damage was limited to weapon tier, that Off hand DID affect the damage, and MH didn't, but I never actually compared it to other combat styles (due to total lack of weapons on my part, as well as it never occured to me), so it came at a semi surprise.

tim_chenw2.png

Thai might know. 

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Ah, I was hoping that you may have known some of the values. You can clearly see the damage value change in your off-hand tab of your loadout when you equip different books, but you can't tell the base damage because with no off-hand equipped the tab is impossible to see. :P.

09144a99bb.png

Could you not math that bit out assuming for example t80 offhand in mage ought to be equal roughly to t80 offhand range and t80 offhand melee in comparison to their mainhand variants.

If you normalise the range and melee ones for speed and look for a ratio between the mh:oh then you ought to be able to apply that ratio to the mage items to come out with the damage value.

Or of course you could just ignore the base damage value and take the damage value at face value for each item since it shouldn't alter the outcome of the final math really, since you can't do oh mage without an oh mage item anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

52Fhj.png

Look about right? totalDamage would be the main focus.

That setup being what I sometimes wear to Tormented Demons, a maximum Assault of 3.9K sounds about right to me. (Edit: 4K after adding 8*strength boost).

[spoiler=Variable explanations]abilityDamage - The base amount of damage to be done by a given ability. Explained here.

abilityMultiplier - The multiplier provided by the ability. Example: 219% for Assualt.

abilityName - D'uh.

armourDamage - The sum of damage values of all armour pieces.

is2H - If the main-hand weapon is a two-handed weapon.

isBleed - If the selected ability is a bleed. False if not, the number of bleed hits if so.

isDualWielding - If two weapons are selected.

meleeMultiplier - The damage multiplier provided by the user.

meleePotion - The potion number. 1 is a strength potion, 2 is a super strength, etc.

prayerMultiplier - Damage multiplier provided by prayer.

prayerName - D'uh.

shieldDamage - The damage value of the off-hand.

shieldMultiplier - The damage multiplier based on the off-hand speed.

shieldSpeed - D'uh.

strengthBoost - The total number of boosted levels due to a potion.

strengthLevel - D'uh.

totalDamage - The user's maximum hit.

totalMultiplier - The total multiplier. Included void and prayer (if not a bleed ability) and meleeBonus.

voidBonus - 5% if a void set is detected.

voidPieces - How many void pieces are detected by ID.

weaponDamage - The damage value of the weapon.

weaponMultiplier - The damage multiplier based on the weapon speed.

weaponSpeed - D'uh.

It automatically detects all possible void combinations. Prayer and Void do not affect bleeds, which you'll see in the code.

It takes into account if your off-hand isn't of the same class.

It takes into account that potions, prayer, and void do not affect bleeds.

shieldMultiplier and weaponMultiplier are the multipliers based on speeds.

My calculations are as follows:

if(is2H)
                abilityDamage=(strengthLevel+strengthBoost)+weaponDamage*weaponMultiplier+armourDamage;
            else if(isDualWielding)
                abilityDamage=1.5*(strengthLevel+strengthBoost)+weaponDamage*weaponMultiplier+shieldDamage*shieldMultiplier+1.5*armourDamage;
            else
                abilityDamage=1.5*(strengthLevel+strengthBoost)+weaponDamage*weaponMultiplier+1.5*armourDamage;
            totalMultiplier=meleeMultiplier+(isBleed?0:voidBonus)+(isBleed?0:prayerMultiplier);

totalDamage=(abilityDamage+abilityDamage*totalMultiplier)*abilityMultiplier/(isBleed?isBleed:1)+(isBleed?0:8*strengthBoost);
Yeah yeah, I could have condensed it. I didn't initially (had it all in a single-line formula), but I have to make it easy for fellow Crew to edit later on if need be. :P.

If you'd like to play around with it, the link is:

[Removed draft link]

Open your console (F12 for Chrome and Internet Explorer, Ctrl+Shift+I for Firefox) to see the variables used and their values. You'll only see results in the console if you have a melee weapon searched.

All I've done is melee so far. I believe all I have to do to finish melee is make sure abilities are valid with the selected weapons. For example, not allowing Assault with a Bandos godsword.

Edit: Forgot, I have to add 5% to abilityMultiplier if !isBleed because of critical. :P.

• Like 1

09144a99bb.png

I added the ranged calculator to that page tonight. Didn't have much time, so didn't get around to the magic. Sorry. I also haven't added critical, but that literally only takes a second. I'll write this as my reminder. :P.

09144a99bb.png

For those interested, the calculator is finished and released in the Special Calcs menu. It's the Max Hit Calc.

Opening your browser console will show all the nitty-gritty behind the calculator when it makes a successful calculation.

I made sure that the following do not affect bleeds:

- Critical

- Prayer

- Void

I had to guess for the Asphyxiate damage multiplier as it's not specified in-game. Its equivalents for melee and ranged are 219%, and after plugging that value in it looked right.

I may have to edit Slaughter. It's 3x mechanic didn't seem right. Its max hit without moving is a total of 3715 in this setup. Of course, we divide this by the 4 hits it deals. This gives us 928.75. So if we were to move the monster, according to its description, it'd multiply by 3 giving us 2786.25 every hit. This didn't seem right, so I left out the 3x. Is it correct? Should I re-add the 3x?

Anyways, cheers and thanks for the help!

@Stev

09144a99bb.png