Goodbye, Lovers and Friends... (A Dear John letter to RS.)

Goodbye, Lovers and Friends,

So sad, to leave you,

When we lie and say "This is not the end.",

You can laugh as if we're still together...

Dear RuneScape,

It's not you, It's me.

That old cliche. But it really is true here. It's been rocky between us recently, and it's time to end it.

The year we spent apart while I was in school was rough. I had no free time, personal space, or internet. You boldly claimed you could eliminate all bots forever. There was also the nasty business of you running headlong into an affair with that scumbag "Micropayments" guy. But I forgave you, and Me and him are starting to not hate each other so much.

You know I tried to make it work. I was full of enthusiasm. Spent so much time with you, almost like the old days. All the new things you made looked wonderful, and the things you made while was away were great too. Money was a problem, but when is it not? And it was high quality stuff too, something an old hand like myself could appreciate.

So why is this letter being written, even though I think you're awesome?

Well partly, because you want me to bring friends along. To everything. While that's not a bad thing, you know most of my RS friends moved on long ago. I tried to make new ones and had a nasty experience. I've always  been an independent guy, willing to pay for help but preferring to do it myself. Also, I think we just grew apart. a year is a long time, and i felt I could never catch up. Plus there's the fact that while I'm a top fighter, that's all I really did. So once I reached the apex, and all you had to offer me was really expensive clothes to fight in, I kind of lost interest in what you made. Your crafted goods were nice and all, but I never really cared for them.

So in closing, I wish you the best, and go on to meet new people. I wish you nothing but success. Live Long and Prosper.

Signed, Slayer Jesse.

(P.S. Or as you knew me in the old days, linkzelda30.)

...But this really is the end...

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Okay, so you're leaving RuneScape, @Slayer_Jesse... It doesn't mean that you have to abandon communities like Tip.It aka "Rune Tips"...  I left RuneScape, shrunk all the RuneScape-related categories on these forums, and I'm still here and enjoying things that aren't RuneScape-related...  Come on over to the Forum Games, and enjoy some time with us, alright?  I think you'll find abandoning this community as well isn't necessary at all. :thumbsup:

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to be an optimist here..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)