godwisper

Piercing Shot

Frag Shot

Needle Strike

Binding Shot (if target is stun-immune)

Rapid Fire

Bombard

Death's Swiftness

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Thanks....

is there a particular sequence or just spam basic abilities till thresholds/ultimate are available ?

I used to play World of warcraft and we used to take care of dots and had a rotation ....does this apply as well for runescape ?

S_A_M_A_N_TA.png

You can use Piercing Shot every other ability to build adrenaline.

If using Binding shot on a target that can be stunned, using Piercing Shot afterwards deals increased damage.

If targetting a melee NPC, you can open with Frag Shot so that all three bleeds get the triple damage bonus.

Rapid Fire is a better single-target threshold than Bombardment.

You can spend both your thresholds then build to Death's Swiftness, and once you activate that and get back to threshold level, both of them should be ready to use again.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't think there's much finesse for ranged, but there definitely is for magic and melee

can you explain to me about melee than as I just got malevolent and drygore longs and was thinking of trying to solo nex this weekend

S_A_M_A_N_TA.png

I don't think there's much finesse for ranged, but there definitely is for magic and melee

can you explain to me about melee than as I just got malevolent and drygore longs and was thinking of trying to solo nex this weekend
Not trying to be a dick here, but how do you have the best gear for both melee and ranged and have no clue how to use abilities :o

For melee, i can post my action bar when i get home. Look up a guide on youtube for Nex solos. Melee is similar in a way to range (basics with slice in between every attack)

Destroy and assault should be your go to threshold for Dps. Slaughter is also good if you step on top of your target to make them move.

For ultimate, berserk, frenzy, and massacre are the best ones.

Berserk is great for Nex, as is massacre (not on the blood phase thohgh) as is frenzy.

Edit: also slayer is a great way to start getting used to abilities. Much less pressure than pvm.

Not trying to be a dick here, but how do you have the best gear for both melee and ranged and have no clue how to use abilities :o

For melee, i can post my action bar when i get home. Look up a guide on youtube for Nex solos. Melee is similar in a way to range (basics with slice in between every attack)

Destroy and assault should be your go to threshold for Dps. Slaughter is also good if you step on top of your target to make them move.

For ultimate, berserk, frenzy, and massacre are the best ones.

Berserk is great for Nex, as is massacre (not on the blood phase thohgh) as is frenzy.

Edit: also slayer is a great way to start getting used to abilities. Much less pressure than pvm.

I returned back to RS around June after a long break. Obviously I did some bossing like nex, bandos, qbd etc but to be honest I usually watch videos on youtube and just copy the ability others are using. I was spamming basics till thresholds pop up but since I used to play as well world of warcraft and we used to not only spam abilities but rather counting the dots for high dps I am just asking if runescape is just a spam basics till thresholds pop or if I need to take account of dotting as well and prioritise abilities.

Unfortunately runescape is not like WOW that is in WOW I used to train say a mager and use same account for all bossing which is not the case of runescape where certain bosses require maging and others meleeing or range so you need to look after 3 different combat styles not like pre EOC. Even though I prefer the EOC style than how it was before :)

I am asking as well as I tried several times to solo nex with full tectonic, seismic wand and vbook and could not out dps NEX on blood phase besides I prefer melee in runescape :)

S_A_M_A_N_TA.png

Malevolent and drygores are like 250 mil for both weapons and all three armor pieces if you make them yourself. 250 Mil isn't considered very hard to get these days. 

He also could very easily have just come back from a break and sold a rare or two to get back into bossing. 

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Malevolent and drygores are like 250 mil for both weapons and all three armor pieces if you make them yourself. 250 Mil isn't considered very hard to get these days. 

He also could very easily have just come back from a break and sold a rare or two to get back into bossing. 

He also mentioned he had sirenic and ascensions which is anohter ~550m. 

Anyways here's a pic of my range and melee ability bars:

http://gyazo.com/f6783313882e0ac21097a2442894020e.png

http://gyazo.com/ddaccf25dd61f02572b0323f33b1e148

The general strategy I follow is to use slice, punish, slice, any basic, slice, punish, etc.

For range the same applies, but with piercing shot and needle strike. 

As for Nex stuff. Seismic is definitely better than drygores for dpsing. 

You shouldn't go right into Nex soloing. The general rule of thumb I've heard is to be comfortable lasting a 2 ovl flask trip before soloing. 

YouTube guides are of course massively helpful. 

This guys videos might be helpful to watch for nex solos:

http://www.twitch.tv/stefanssb/profile

Tried searching Youtube for some guides and nothing came up. 

Other tip I can give you is to simply practice. Join forums teams for 4 man or 3 man and just keep going. Also a clan that goes on Nex events or has people that Nex a lot would help you. (Shameless plug, I'm in a relatively small PvM clan. We'd love to have you join, feel free to PM me ingame for more info- username is Wa Ve.) 

He also mentioned he had sirenic and ascensions which is anohter ~550m. 

Anyways here's a pic of my range and melee ability bars:

http://gyazo.com/f6783313882e0ac21097a2442894020e.png

http://gyazo.com/ddaccf25dd61f02572b0323f33b1e148

The general strategy I follow is to use slice, punish, slice, any basic, slice, punish, etc.

For range the same applies, but with piercing shot and needle strike. 

As for Nex stuff. Seismic is definitely better than drygores for dpsing. 

You shouldn't go right into Nex soloing. The general rule of thumb I've heard is to be comfortable lasting a 2 ovl flask trip before soloing. 

YouTube guides are of course massively helpful. 

This guys videos might be helpful to watch for nex solos:

http://www.twitch.tv/stefanssb/profile

Tried searching Youtube for some guides and nothing came up. 

Other tip I can give you is to simply practice. Join forums teams for 4 man or 3 man and just keep going. Also a clan that goes on Nex events or has people that Nex a lot would help you. (Shameless plug, I'm in a relatively small PvM clan. We'd love to have you join, feel free to PM me ingame for more info- username is Wa Ve.) 

I had a white phat which I sold and got myself a seismic wand and made some good cash when the new shields came out with flipping on the first 2 days :)

I joined a clan around 2 months ago and we did some nexing so am comfortable already with that....

Tried some solo`s as mentioned above with full tectonic, seismic wand and vbook (infact have a post few posts down) but couldnt manage the blood phase and was panicking a bit as well. Since I sold my seismic wand yet again 2 weeks ago now am trying my bet with full malevolent and drygores.........besides am gathering more info on EOC as I am thinking that I am doing something wrong which surely I was as yesterday I did some qbd with ascensions and sirenic taking in consideration the suggestions from this thread and managed to make 3 kills and leaving me full inventory of rocktails 

S_A_M_A_N_TA.png

Alright good to know. I can try and give you one tips for the blood phase.

As soon as it siphon at the start, if the reavers are close, attack one, use combust and chain.

As Nex finishes her siphon or just before activate sunshine and immediately drink an adrenaline potion.

(note: you should use ring of vigor as well to save the 10 percent adrenaline).

Then use dragon breath (or whatever that ability is called) followed by concentrated blast. End concentrated blast to use asphyxiate as soon as possible.

When she does the blood sacrifice use escape.

Go back to Nex use concentrated blast, impact, and dragon breath again if it's off cool down. Then wild magic.

Hopefully you're done, but if you aren't keep attacking Nex with basics and thresholds when possible.

If you don't make it on the first siphon don't worry. Just repeat everything from the start.

Good luck!

Edit: [Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?98,99,200,65178076

forum.tip.it/topic/319729-solo-duoing-nex/