QBD Tips

Sy_Accursed

So to make a little bit of extra gp and break training up a bit I decided to do QBD on my black drag tasks for slayer using drygores.

Managed alright so far, bit sub-par on timing my movements right to minimise wall dmg and souls dmg but nothing end of the world.

Just wonder whether the actual good pvmers had any tips that might help me streamline my kills a bit more.

Currently using bandos + slayer helm, ovl, super anti, renewal with a normal ppot/restore between kills to bump things back up. Been using a mix of turmoil and ss. Not been using a familiar so far.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The most I can help you with is to tell you to stall adrenaline between kills, if you aren't doing that already.

What I do is after the kill, I go down the stairs, and once I click on the coffer, I use anticipation a tick before I hit the coffer.

I then search it and send everything to the bank, then hit the quick-start option -> spacebar -> 1. Yes

Then I open the defensives tab and spam Freedom so that as soon as I transfer to the QBD instance I'll be back in combat without adrenaline loss.

After that the next time your character goes out of combat stance, use devotion to return to combat stance (you won't spend any adrenaline doing this). By the time this ends, you should be able to start the battle again.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm going to hijack this with a related question. I remember seeing somewhere a picture or video of specific spots to stand so that you can easily click a direction when the souls spawn and the damage hits them instead. I don't know if this was doable with melee or if it was ranged. If I am correct could someone please post the picture? Thanks

Vlead.png

If you are right up against the QBD or the centre artefact it can mess up where they spawn so you need to move 1-2 squares away when the chat box warning comes ideally, though this ought to only be a major issue for meleeing.

Phase 2 1 spawns to the west so moving 2 squares west just as it spawns makes it hit itself

Phase 3 1 spawns west and 1 east so 2 squares either sideways makes them hit themselves

Phase 4 4 spawn 1 at each diagonal, moving 2 squares diagonally should make 2 hit themselves and the other 2 clouds miss entirely.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Adren stalling super important, switch to vigour when you use zerk (even better now thanks to the cooldown removal for item switches). Dismember/Slaughter when the HP bar is low, if timed right youll be able to start heading to the artifact to begin next phase and arrive by the time it becomes active.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

As far as souls go, theres no need to move through them, just stand directly underneath the souls since the attack prioritizes soul first. Also, stand 1 left of center at all times to dodge 1/3 of the fire walls.

The method I found the best is to do the stalling as detailed by gywn above, then zerk at ~75% on first phase. Slice-backhand-slice-sever-slice-whatever finishes phase 1. Touch crystal and then instantly assault as soon as you have enough adrenaline to finish off phase 2. Zerk on first phase is optimal because the crystal is closer, and thus this allows you to go through both phase 1 and 2 while under the zerk buff. 

Phase 3 is generally the slowest and I generally do it with slice-back-sever-destroy-whatever. Get the crystal and then for phase 4, assault+destroy combo so you kill it before it does anything that will make you have to stop attacking. While running to last crystal sacrifice on a worm and remain targetted on it, you can continue to regain adren by spamming things when its in death animation. 

Also auras i generally take:

Invigourate>Insipir>Penance>Equil>Vamp

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

If you aren't using adrenaline potions and you have them already you should start using them to get back up to assault faster after berserking. I personally prefer zerking on phase 4 to get it over with faster but doing it on phase 1 and 2 is probably better for overall kill speeds. I also find that with melee its easier to just tank the 4 soul spawn with a rocktail or two as the more sporadic spawns mean too much running around and less time doing damage. In t8+ armor its very easy to tank the hits and not die even with superbreath combos if you just eat. 

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword