Multiple training questions.

Akumati

First off, this is my very first post on Tip it. I've gotten so into runescape again, that I decided to start joining the fansites as well. :) Orginally around 2006 I first joined, and I wanted to work to be a hard hitting god so I can destroy monster faces with other players. I gave up cause that was when I was like 10, and though that training for 50+ hours was stupid. ;-;

Well here I am with the same goal, and the time to kill. So I wanted advice from others first!

#1: Currently my stats are 70/72/70 in Attack, Strength, and defense. Right now, I plan on power leveling the crud out of strength with a sara sword. I'm trying out Nmz, and am getting around 60k p/h. I enjoy the afkability, but I don't mind being active in my training, so if there's another training spot that could help train my strength, that'll be amazing. <3

#2: Right now i'm actually planning on blowing my strength up this week to 99. With a few exceptions, I plan on probably pouring about 6-8+ hours on runescape training strength for the next week. In terms of hours, how long would 70-99 strength take me? Cause i'm sure once I hit 99, training attack/defense would be a cakewalk. Gold is no issue, so if there's something fairly costly and is worth it, i'll do it.

#3: What are acceptable stats for Osrs to get into a Saradomin group for Gwd? I've been training agility because of her, and I figured I would need high stats for it. I know Veracs gear + a zammy godsword is perfect for melee users, but I'm sure if I went in right now, I'd get destroyed or weigh down my team.

#4: If training strength turns out to be easily afkable for like 2-5 mintues at a time, what would be something to do on the side? Right now I actually play some counter strike while I train since it's easy to alt tab every 3 minutes in that game with no penalty, but i'm getting quickly bored of it. D:

Well it sounds like you're into PVM and not necessarily a pvp account, so I'd say that you shouldn't straight up get 99 strength while staying 70 attack and defense. At least get 80 attack or something, the extra accuracy does help for leveling somewhat.

NMZ is my favorite training area because of how afk it is, only thing I think is even better xp/hour would be the place that you chin in ape atol with a salve ammy (e) and a dragon 2h for specs.

Slayer is always an option, kinda bad melee xp, but it's a good skill to train, and it's efficient to do it while you still need melee xp.

I don't think it's realistically possible to train 99 strength in a week, assuming 75k/hour xp rate average (lower at 77, higher at 98) that's over 150 hours of pure gameplay. One really cool method is to AFK with full guthans in normal NMZ before you go to bed, you will survive 6 hours and you will autolog so no risk of even dying standing outside the thing to a random event. I think you must train controlled with this though.

3). I have no experience there, but I'm sure you could find a team with 90+ atk 90+ strength, there is an offical GWD clan chat under the minigame tab thing and there are often more... amature teams there (The good teams typically are in PVM clans or have reliable partners as friends)

4). I've been playing hearthstone while I RS, it's a turn based card game and you get plenty of time to make your move in multiplayer so no worries to like pot up or something in the middle of the game. Netflix is good, too.

CNqWHdA.jpg

4. Listen to nonfiction audiobooks while you do AFK things on RS. You can read about a book per week (or 50 books/year) doing this. That's the equivalent of earning a PhD in your chosen field of study every year.

Not sure how old you are, but if you already have a career path in mind, then read books about that. Otherwise just read about success, time management, wealth, goal-setting, etc.

Doing this will make you miles ahead of everyone else once you start working in the real world. Or if you're already working, it'll widen the gap and make your income skyrocket.

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Netflix or other games, (i beat skyrim, bioshock infinite, and FFX at NMZ). I did read a few audiobooks whilst training agi, but I feel they dont distract me enough unless im slaying or doing agi, also because programming is completely visual and doesnt work well as an audiobook.

Also chinning is unchanged with the new salve ammy, since fury is better in all cases anyway (for some dumb reason)

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Doing this will make you miles ahead of everyone else once you start working in the real world. Or if you're already working, it'll widen the gap and make your income skyrocket.

are these visible or invisible skill bonuses?
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They are invisible and they stack with my black mask

77yLQy8.png

Well it sounds like you're into PVM and not necessarily a pvp account, so I'd say that you shouldn't straight up get 99 strength while staying 70 attack and defense. At least get 80 attack or something, the extra accuracy does help for leveling somewhat.

NMZ is my favorite training area because of how afk it is, only thing I think is even better xp/hour would be the place that you chin in ape atol with a salve ammy (e) and a dragon 2h for specs.

Slayer is always an option, kinda bad melee xp, but it's a good skill to train, and it's efficient to do it while you still need melee xp.

I don't think it's realistically possible to train 99 strength in a week, assuming 75k/hour xp rate average (lower at 77, higher at 98) that's over 150 hours of pure gameplay. One really cool method is to AFK with full guthans in normal NMZ before you go to bed, you will survive 6 hours and you will autolog so no risk of even dying standing outside the thing to a random event. I think you must train controlled with this though.

3). I have no experience there, but I'm sure you could find a team with 90+ atk 90+ strength, there is an offical GWD clan chat under the minigame tab thing and there are often more... amature teams there (The good teams typically are in PVM clans or have reliable partners as friends)

4). I've been playing hearthstone while I RS, it's a turn based card game and you get plenty of time to make your move in multiplayer so no worries to like pot up or something in the middle of the game. Netflix is good, too.

Ah, I was just assuming that 99 strength is the way to go once you hit 70 attack/defense. Figures though that reaching 99 is harder than I thought.

At least according to everyone, Nmz is a good option, but chinning is sadly out of my skill level. x.x Guess i'll change my goal to 99 strength to 90 attack/strength though :D

Doesn't the black mask cause discrimination against you when applying to work in certain places, though?
  • Like 2

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Doesn't the black mask cause discrimination against you when applying to work in certain places, though?

No but it gets you into college a lot cheaper

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

It's a double-edged sword. Some places avoid me, other places "need" me

• Like 1

77yLQy8.png

Hey I didn't suggest you chin, i suggested you MELEE in that location.

Lots of respawning undead things with high hitpoints for you to whack while getting the salve ammy (e) bonus.

Dragon 2h specs hit 9 targets for amazing xp.

Strictly for leveling efficiently I'd just say assess the amount of xp to next level. Something like

72 str 70 atk

85 str 75 atk

90 str 80 atk

95 str 85 atk

99 str

Each strength level is gonna be way more beneficial to your xp/hour if you train somewhere like NMZ, but if 1 strength level takes 4 times as long as 1 attack level, it might be better to train attack etc..

CNqWHdA.jpg

Hey I didn't suggest you chin, i suggested you MELEE in that location.

Lots of respawning undead things with high hitpoints for you to whack while getting the salve ammy (e) bonus.

Dragon 2h specs hit 9 targets for amazing xp.

Strictly for leveling efficiently I'd just say assess the amount of xp to next level. Something like

72 str 70 atk

85 str 75 atk

90 str 80 atk

95 str 85 atk

99 str

Each strength level is gonna be way more beneficial to your xp/hour if you train somewhere like NMZ, but if 1 strength level takes 4 times as long as 1 attack level, it might be better to train attack etc..

Ah, I gotcha!

Sounds like a good plan honestly. Getting to 85 strength shouldn't take that long at least. Thanks buddy :D

Dharoks sucks at low total hitpoints level.

I know sara sword is better at like 70 hitpoints, and dharoks is better at 99 hitpoints, I don't have a clue at what point dharoks becomes better.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/324197-dharoks-with-less-than-99-max-hp/

Thank you!

For those like me that had to google that sum, it means that your max hp has a very small impact when you're 1hp.

1/80 would be 1.9875 * normal hit

1/99 would be 1.9898 * normal hit

What

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I do not have the formula but I do have a link to a max hit calc that has been 100% accurate according to my personal max hits.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100207194657/http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=max_hit_calc.htm

In max gear (fury), potted + piety

1/99 max hit is 98

1/90 max hit is 93

1/80 max hit is 88

As you can see the difference is quite significant.

CNqWHdA.jpg