Optimum order of 99s and completionist cape tasks

Manicgoose

If someone asked you the best order to go from finishing the tutorial to achieving the completionist cape, what would you suggest? In which order would you do which 99, at what point would you quest, etc? Removing entirely the idea of what you enjoy doing, what would you suggest as the most efficient order? 

I can't imagine any sort of order would make a huge impact on the efficiency of things outside of the very rudimentary skills that make money are best done before skills that cost money, and dg is most efficient if done late on as high/max skills helps.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would think the best skills to work on toward 99 first would be Att, Str, Def, HP, Magic, Range, WC, FM, Fletch, Fish, Cook, Div, and/or Dung.

No specific order on my part but if planing to work toward a combat I'd suggest either pairing that combat skill wither either Slayer or Dung. As for more on the skilling side I think Div is pretty fast to train, but that might be due to all the BXP I had from doing the Korshei Memories before FotG came out. I know WC was a good one but that was mainly due in part to there being other people to talk to so may be as boring to death now as it was when I went from 97-99 at yews in f2p. =/

WC can be paired with Fletch and FM. I know Fishing and Cooking can be paired as well. Mining and Smith are paired too but I'd say they are slower than the others.

I do know that training Div to make the Divine Locations and Porters will help with all your other skills, so might be best to go for first.

As for Quests, I'm a quest junkie and love them for the story and funness but having said that Quest do give rewards in xp to specific skills and lamps and such to your choice of skills or specific skills. Maybe look at a quest that best will help train the current skill you working on for its rewards. I know doing the Quest leading up to Korshie's Memories helps a ton with Div. All in all with how I'd do it is just do as many I can before I feel like going back to skilling again. 

Hope that helps a little, I don't have the cape myself so thats just my 2 cents.

Edit: after reading the above post I realized that dung may not be so good to start with if doing combat however can be good for skilling but it is best to have the skills up beforehand.

tipStats

Ideally you would train farming, mining and fm fully passively through farming, warbands and book of char.

Tranquil.png

[2:21:46 PM] Baldvin | Leik: these comp reqs are so bad

[2:22:36 PM] Arceus Dark: Time to get...req'd?

I suspect that if your play style wasn't particularly intense you could warband all warbands skills to 99 by the time you achieved comp, especially if you knocked out levels 1-40 or so training normally.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Okay, thanks for all the responses! Not 100% sure what a warband is (I've been away from Runescape for a long time, having played for a few weeks in February and deciding I wanted to come back and give the completionist cape a go - worth a shot, especially during the summer holidays) but I'll definitely look into them! 

For daily xp, make sure you do the following each day:

Mining, Smithing, Farming, Herblore, Construction - Warbands

Firemaking - Book of Char

Woodcutting - Divine yews

Summoning - Bork

Hunter - Big Chinchompa

Fishing - Fish Flingers

Runecrafting - Wicked hood

Dungeoneering - Sinkholes

Crafting - Battlestaves, Flasks

Any skill - Jack of Trades aura

If there is anything I missed let me know

• Like 1

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Summoning - Bork

Hunter - Big Chinchompa

Fishing - Fish Flingers

Thanks for this! 

Oh my bad forgot weekly and monthly activities

Weekly:

Meg (for a lamp in a skill, up to huge)

Tears of Guthix (make sure you make an ornate bowl, look it up)

Char's FM cave (requires 91 FM)

Circus (agility, ranged, magic, fm, and thiev xp, do the quests to unlock all events)

Familiarization (camp waterfiends)

Agoroth (kill him twice for bonus xp)

Capping at citadel if you are in a clan

Monthly:

God statues (xp in construction + prayer/slayer, do this for 4+ months in a row

Troll invasion (xp in any skill, do hard mode)

Optional:

Shattered Heart (weekly)

Court Cases (2 weeks)

Not sure if they are normally worth doing, but definitely finish these if going trim comp.

Oh and do player owned ports ASAP. You want to finish the storylines and obtain all those scrolls as quickly as you can.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Oh my bad forgot weekly and monthly activities

Weekly:

Meg (for a lamp in a skill, up to huge)

Tears of Guthix (make sure you make an ornate bowl, look it up)

Char's FM cave (requires 91 FM)

Circus (agility, ranged, magic, fm, and thiev xp, do the quests to unlock all events)

Familiarization (camp waterfiends)

Agoroth (kill him twice for bonus xp)

Capping at citadel if you are in a clan

Monthly:

God statues (xp in construction + prayer/slayer, do this for 4+ months in a row

Troll invasion (xp in any skill, do hard mode)

Optional:

Shattered Heart (weekly)

Court Cases (2 weeks)

Not sure if they are normally worth doing, but definitely finish these if going trim comp.

Oh and do player owned ports ASAP. You want to finish the storylines and obtain all those scrolls as quickly as you can.

Thank you so much for this!

Out of interest, is there a reason you haven't included penguin spotting in this?

Summoning - Bork

Hunter - Big Chinchompa

Fishing - Fish Flingers