Bonez899's Journey to an Eventual Max

Gained 71 WC today. Great on that. I'm around 3rd for the contest but not far ahead of 4th. Overall having a good time and a good excuse to bust out the wc xp. I've earned over 500k woodcutting experience in the past 2 days.

On another note I have purchased into my bank the supplies for 54 crafting and 70 fletching. Both of which I will (hopefully) be completing by the end of this bond.

More woodcutting. I wasn't on much today due to life, but shit happens. So far since the start of the wc competition in my new clan I've gained 309% of my xp and reached level 73 wc. Hope fully another 200% xp gained before the end of the competition. When that happens I will be moving on to fletching for a bit and then crafting just generally looking to gain a few levels.

For those of you who think I've fallen out/off, I haven't. Currently I am at level 65/70 fletching with materials banked for 70. Just need to get going on it. 
I finished 4th in the woodcutting competition with 640% xp gained in 4 days along with 20 levels. I find this placing of 4th impressive because everybody above me was at least 8 levels higher than my finishing level of 80.

I've been participating in some slayer of late aswell. It is alright cash at my level, well not really but, where I generally haul in 30K+ per invent of kills.

I also have set a goal to have all skills reach 40+ which is why some skills have moved marginally up in levels to accommodate this, the skill I'll probably get last is farming because I haven't bothered to even start on that yet, plus I'm thinking it is/will be slow xp.

Regardless, goals at the moment go: 70 Fletching, 54 Crafting, all skills 40+, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Cooking, 99 runecrafting.

Slayer will really suck until you hit like 55. Just keep at it. You will want to make sure that you are using a black mask / focus sight /hexcrest / slayer helmet while you slay for that extra accuracy and damage bonus.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Thanks for that Kalei. I honestly don't mind slayer as PvM has always been one of my favourite parts of Runescape, never really seeming like a grind to me.

On other fronts I have recently purchased 100k maple logs which when fletched will get me approximately halfway to 99 from my current level of 70. I choose this method as I'm not rolling in cash yet and this will net me ~6M profit on these logs alone.

When I get bored while fletching I will take a few breaks to either level up my skills so I can have all 40+ or finishing the Easy Varrock Achievment Diary for access to the Edgeville furnace.

One day, over 10,000 maple shieldbow's, and a season and a half of Futurama later and I only have 90K shieldbows left to fletch of those 100k. Also, I am over 10% of the way to 99 Fletching.

Also, 1000 Total level!  Only ~1500 more levels and 111M xp to max.(Meaning 99 Dung)

More fletching. The rate of playing has slowed down a lot since I bought CS:GO but I am still slowly working on my own personal 99's. I have over 45k of the 100k maple shieldbows fletched at this current time.

More fletching, around 8k or so bows fletched today and then I did divination. Started at level 1 and worked my way up to level 25 tonight. Just some good boring skilling fun.

You should do the Tears of Guthix quest if you haven't. You can about 20k exp per week in any skill, which will quickly level up those super low level skills.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Yeah, I've some questing to do soon enough. I also need to finish the varrock and lumbridge achievement diaries or at least the first set for access to cabbage patch tele and access to edgeville furnace.

Looking up Tears of Guthix, it is much easier than I had thought it to be. I will actually do this immediately after writing this comment. The 20k xp a week will certainly help my short term goal of all skills 40+.

Yeah, I got around 60 div from about 3 weeks of tears (which is like 15 minutes of work) while training my other skills.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

• 4 weeks later...

So, been a couple of weeks but I've been slow with school starting back up. Tears of Guthix has helped me immensely with upping those lower leveled skills I probably wouldn't be training otherwise.

I have also managed to claw my way up to level 90 Fletching, slowly but surely. Having the 99 pre-bought in the bank really helps with coming back to work on it as I know it's there waiting.

Last thought/comment for this post is that joining a clan was one of the best decisions I could have made. Currently my clan is one of the few reasons I actually want to get on RS, so that I can speak to them.

Regardless this should either pick up or die out completely in the next couple of weeks because between work, school, and other commitments I already have ~50-60 of the 119 hours a week I'm (roughly) not sleeping spoken for and that is mostly not including homework. Once that's factored in and I add in the working out I need to start doing I have very little truly free time left, but hopefully I'll still be able to make some progress.

(P.S. Sorry about not having a level 90 pic, I was doing something else at the time and slow on the draw.)

• 4 months later...

Soooo, long time no see, amirite? Been doing quite a few things. Thanks for ToG I have all skills above 20 and steadily climbing up there a bit. I've achieved 2 more 99's since the last time I have posted (no pictures though) and several other skills are higher, most notably being dungeoneering from sinkholes and I did a bit of prayer awhile back.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

A long awaited update on my tale.....

I missed a lot of time over the Summer being away for employment and such with very limited access to my cell phone, let alone a computer to play Runescape on. Prior to that I just really didn't have any motivation to play for whatever reason. Now I'm back and will try to do my best to keep this updated.

Currently I am still working on woodcutting, just recently achieving level 88 on the daily and currently bingeing some Netflix while I chop away at ivy. In other news I recently achieved base level 40 on every skill with summoning being the lucky skill to be number 26.

Guys, I do apologize for taking so long to update the blog and not playing but I'm sure that you can all understand that life comes first before the game. I have a lot of stuff going on IRL right now, so I hope to be playing and posting updates here on a regular basis but things may come up and limit my playing ability. I have just entered my Senior year of high school so I am applying for universities, along with scholarships and that jazz. I volunteer with my local fire department and am working my way towards certification as a level 1 firefighter hopefully to accomplish it before the end of this school year. I am also a member of the primary reserve and have to dedicate a fair number of weekends and evenings to that.

An update for a week's progress!

I've gained a couple of levels this week although all at bad timing so I forgot to get photos of them. Not cool at all. Summoning is now level 41 and woodcutting has risen up to level 89 meaning only 10 more levels.

I wasn't overly active, mostly just watching Netflix or studying while afking ivy in the background.

I felt bad for not getting some level up photos so here is a shot of my skills as of today.

82f35b03-aa6d-4ca5-bd7f-130f87e82b65_zps

• 3 weeks later...

And life once again catches up to me so I have no progress for a couple of weeks now, and probably not any to come. Major projects coming up in school and a general lack of interest in playing delays me once more!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have made some progress. Unfortunately I am lazy and always forget to take my level up shots so I will be substituting a shot of my entire skills. Over the past week or so I have gained ~5 mining levels and 3 divination levels as I worked my way to level 68 in both, which I was successful with in divination so far.

• 1 month later...

And less pictures cause I suck at taking them but another quick update. Currently I have raised several skills and gone on a questing rampage! Soon enough I plan to go do Fremminik Trials and then Throne of Miscallenia. I will update, with pictures(!) when I have completed those two quests but it might be a short while before that is a reality.

• 1 month later...

Sooo, trying to get back into this somewhat. It was on this day that I achieved [spoiler=level 69 fishing]Level%2069_zpsjorito76.png

Pictures will keep coming so long as I can get someone reading this. Issue I have usually is just that I forget to take photos. It doesn't always pay off to watch Netflix and skill if you get distracted by the TV show.

Just gave me a whole new thought, probably not original, but anyone up for Netflix and skill?