Where to use ascension crossbow?

Syd

Okay, this question might sound a bit silly... But I just purchased Ascension crossbow and now I'm wonder where I should use it?

I got 99 ranged long before EoC and ever since EoC I have mostly used melee. I have been drygoring basically everything and everywhere. Mostly because drygores are quite cheap and they work rather nicely. But melee combat has gotten a bit tedious and for change I would love to maybe go for some range XP milestones. Like 30m, 40m, 50m (all the way to 200m maybe one day) and I would really love to get ideas what would be good places to train.

I do slayer and I enjoy bossing. I have pretty much all the best gear there is.

Or should I say, what bosses (or slayer monsters) ranging doesn't really cut it? And what are maybe the best places to do some ranging?

Also: I'm currently using main hand ascension crossbow with offhand chaotic crossbow. I'm using dragonbane bolts (at QBD) and ascension bolts. How much better would I be if I bought offhand ascension crossbow also? Is the difference big? I mean the 200m cost is quite alot for marginal improvement. Atleast on my current money situation (I don't want to sell stuff). :D

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: For comparison I have drygores and full Torva to play with on melee. I don't mind if ranging isn't exactly as good option, as long as it's not noticeably worse.

u5zhkTY.gif

You can't range Bandos but can do all other gwd. Slayer wise, I think only ganos aren't range friendly, though from personal experience, airuts suck. Range/melee is good at nex/kk.

There is 0 improvement at qbd w/ dragonbane bolts. Death Lotus Darts or blisterwood for an offhand would be better than chaotic+

You can't range Bandos but can do all other gwd. Slayer wise, I think only ganos aren't range friendly, though from personal experience, airuts suck. Range/melee is good at nex/kk.

There is 0 improvement at qbd w/ dragonbane bolts. Death Lotus Darts or blisterwood for an offhand would be better than chaotic+

Ok thanks. I tried using ascension bolts against QBD but in my opinion they didn't work as well as dragonbane does. Perhaps it was just me thinking. I need to do more testing. I will have to take a look in to death lotus darts. Shame I just made few scrimshaws earlier today..

How about other bosses? TDs, Glacors, KK, ROTS etc. etc.

u5zhkTY.gif

Doing a few QBD runs with MH asc and dbane bolts, they're surprising very accurate (missed once in an entire hour, and I think it was only because ovl dropped). Asc is definitely a great choice for QBD.

Asc is good at ROTS and TDs too.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

asc is also good at araxxor.  i sold my wand as i've only been doing rots and araxxor lately, not rago.  

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

From my experience Ascensions are actually great on Airut. Able to safespot some of the time, and an ability that disables their rage attack that won't aggro the rest of them around you. :)

I use my Ascensions for all my Slayer needs other than Polypore (obviously :P). An incredible benefit is that you don't have to run around the room when fighting many monsters except to pick up some drops. As I don't pick up many drops anyway, I basically become a turret.

2dgucz6.png