Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A question about royal dragonhide armor.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:blazemovifan

I'm thinking about getting rid of my black dragonhide armor and replacing it with this.

But I have a question. Is more to this than just being an improved version of black dragonhide armor?

If not I'll go for it and buy it, but I wanna make sure.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

Nope, it's just a stat upgrade.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,084 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

The stats are a little better but I don't think there's anything else.

Black d'hide

Royal d'hide

(Note the totals are skewed since they include a black shield but there is no Royal one.)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts

Nope, it's just a stat upgrade.

That's what I thought, just making sure.

Quasar
[ Display Name History ]

Quasar

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • RSN:Quasar

you might also like dragonrider armor.  the defence isnt quite as good but it has a big prayer bonus which can save you money on ppots in the long run.  it also works equally well with all combat styles.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Alternatively you can try to get Demon-Slayer armor for the DPS boost if defense is not the thing you seek.

chenw
[ Display Name History ]

chenw

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,953 posts
  • RSN:Tim ChenW2

or Spined armor. Not the greatest in terms of defenc (it's only a level 50 armor), but the option is there if you don't need the defence.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Blaze The Movie Fan
[ Display Name History ]

Blaze The Movie Fan

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,374 posts

I avoided replying since I already got my answer, but since a lot of you wanna know if I mind an armor with defense bonus, I'll respond now.

Yes, of course I mind. I wanna be able to survive for as long as I can when fighting monsters.

I always use the armor that helps me with that.

But not if it degrades, if the armor degrades I try to avoid it since I don't like paying once every few hours just so I can keep on using it. That's why I choose dragon armor over barrows.

But yeah I was originally not gonna reply further but since you guys were curious, I decided to clear things up.

andriod09
[ Display Name History ]

andriod09

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • RSN:Andriod09
  • Clan:Grace of Darkness (GOD)

Blaze, in my opinion, at youre defence level, you'd better off working towards getting pernix, yes it degrades, but the money that you can make in the 10 hours it takes to degrade to a broken counterpart would definatally make up for the cost of the repair. Especially if you have 99 smithing and use an armor stand, the price that's needed is nearly halved, and it works with assists as well!

But all this being said, if you still don't want to buy a degrading armor, then just get the Armadyl set, its pricy, but well worth it. Its classified as power armor, so it does take a little reduction in the Armor Rating, but it also provides a damage boost. With the damage boost, you can kill things quicker, making it well worth the money spent on it. I use it whenever I need it, and it helps a ton. I'm 84 ranged, and 95 defence, so I'm well about your level. I don't use extreme potions either, so if you have those (or overloads) then you're in luck because you can do a heck-ton more damage/second than I could right now.

Good luck with choosing your armor set!

Yt'Haar Andy|Andriod09, Vanguard of Armadyl, Loyal Servant of Zaros.

Yt'Haar-Andy|Andriod09, Vanguard to Armadyl, Loyal Servant to Zaros.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users