Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft General - New expansion announced

Kimberly

[spoiler=What is Hearthstone?]What is Hearthstone?

Hearthstone is a collectible card game often described as an extremely simplified Magic: The Gathering. It's completely online.

Is it free/does it have microtransactions?

Yes it's free to play, but it does have microtransactions. You can buy card packs with either in-game currency (gold) or real world cash. The plus side of this though is that it's so simple to get gold - you get a free quest that grants some every day and 10 gold every 3 wins, plus an exclusive game mode that gives gold/card packs. A person can very easily start playing free to play and make it to Legend rank without spending a single dime.

For fellow players, blizzard announced a new expansion set totaling 150 cards to be released in December. No news on pricing or how to obtain these cards, but woo!

Anyway if you guys play Hearthstone, post your IDs here.

hzvjpwS.gif

I've thought about starting it. How easy is it to learn?

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

It's extremely easy to learn and card packs are only 100g (you can get that in two days' worth of quests) or I think $2.00 USD and up (larger pack sets = less cash cost per pack). Games take anywhere from 3mins to 10+.

I'm not entireeeeely sure on cash prices because I haven't spent a dime on this game. >_>'

hzvjpwS.gif

The most "efficient" way to get cards is Arena. If you can consistently get 3+ wins you'll at the very least break even.

If you're thinking of spending money on it I'd just put one load down on the 40 packs and that'd be it. Although buying the Naxrammas adventure is definitely worth it too.

Aw that's a shame.

Have you tried any other country servers? Do you find a more interesting variety on your home servers?

I just have all my cards there so no point going elsewhere. I've done a couple of Arena runs on US but no noticeable difference.

I'm Lowc15#1495 is anyone wants to play.  My friend and i ordered the Blizzcon Virtual Ticket this weekend and we played Hearthstone all weekend long. It's a really addicting game if you don't mind spending 20-50 dollars on it to become competitive. I've played all Blizzard games throughout the years so I'm really excited for Hearthstone's evolution and their new Overwatch game. 

My advice for anyone wanting to pick up Hearthstone is to...

1. Level all characters to level 10 against the Innkeeper. I did this on a new account this weekend and it's a great way to learn. The Beta didnt have this so take advantage of it.

2. Defeat all the expert classes. You will earn 100 gold.

3. Unlock all classes, you'll get this on your march to level 10 all. Again, leveling all classes to level  10 opens up all basic cards which is a must.

4. If you enjoyed 1-3 it's safe to assume you'll have enough gold for 1-2 arena's with gold. Watch some guides on how to build an arena deck then jump in. Your first game is free and you'll earn 3 card packs, and a chance at crafting dust/gold/cards.

5. If you enjoyed Arena and want to be competitive in Ranked, I strongly suggest buying Naxxarama's. It is only 25 dollars and you're gaurenteed nearly 35 cards some of which are required in the current Meta. It's also fun to play through and will give you 4-5 hours worth of gameplay just to unlock the cards. 

There is no need to spend more than 25.00 to be somewhat competitive, the grind will just be longer to accumulate gold to unlock more cards to build custom competition decks. I've spent under 50.00 total on the game and i've had a blast. 

Low_C.png

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still play and thoroughly enjoy it. I was in the top 17.5% last season in ranked. Haven't spent a penny on the game though tempted

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I still play and thoroughly enjoy it. I was in the top 17.5% last season in ranked. Haven't spent a penny on the game though tempted

Battle.net creds?

I'm looking forward to this wednesday's new brawl. Kinda hated the opening one.

hzvjpwS.gif

The opening one was pretty fun, only problem was that I kept getting Ragnaros. My first 6 times playing I got rag... I won 4 of those still but was just frustrating in the end.

Wouldn't surprise me if this week is a deck building brawl just so they can show off other things the brawl can be used for.