West Ardougne and other Suggestions

Kevjumba

So, as the thread name suggests, I want to propose some suggestions for future updates. Without any delay, here are my suggestions:

1. Rebuild West Ardougne. Perhaps make it an activity/D&D/minigame/miniquest but make West Ardy rebuildable and allow it to become permanently rebuilt at some point. This means getting rid of the broken homes and such, and have it become a full fledged city (again, maybe with a quest or something) with attractions, lodestone, banks, etc. West Ardy just feels like it's still as battered as it was with the mourners there. Also, there should be fewer Knights of Ardougne there. I know Jagex just removed the mourners and replaced them all with Knights of Ardougne, but Jagex should reduce the number of them because it looks like a police state at the moment.

2. Sequel to Olaf's Quest. The ending parchment promises more treasure, and it hasn't been fulfilled. A sequel with additional rewards will tie up the loose end that Olaf's Quest currently has. The cliff hanger is driving me crazy.

3. City Upgrades. Improve attractions to other main cities (Varrock, Falador, Lumbridge, etc) to make them more appealing to visit. Not just visual updates (which I do not think is necessary), but rather functional upgrades, to make those cities more useful to visit. Granted, Lumbridge has been given some more visitors due to the bank chest and travelling improvements, but Varrock and Falador seem deserted--especially Falador. At least Varrock has the Grand Exchange, but Falador seems to have nothing. Who goes to Falador for anything anymore?

4. Make daily challenges that are given to non-members reward only non-member items! This seems like common sense, but I've heard a lot of F2P players lose money because they got a members' only reward, when F2P dailies should really reward F2P items.

Thanks for reading. Obviously none of these will probably get implemented, but I was wondering if anyone else has similar thoughts.

--Kev

And 4a) give only F2P challenges to free players as well...kind of frustrating to just get a "wasted" challenge that we can't do half the time :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Who goes to Falador for anything anymore?

I agree completely, but 3 things off the top of my head: unless you're getting a haircut, checking a tree plot, or killing the giant mole...Falador is a dead city.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Even hairstyle you can change from the Appearance tab in Gear, right? Or are there more options there in Falador?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Even hairstyle you can change from the Appearance tab in Gear, right? Or are there more options there in Falador?

Ah, I totally forgot about that, there is not more options in Falador. Well then Arceus, that's 1 less attraction Falador now has lol.

More old-school than you know...

battlethingz.png

Proud Member of The Slayer's Guild since April 7th 2009.
Skill Total Goal Complete: 2500 - November 12th 2014.
Goal Total Experience: 338,895,206 - Goal complete November 2nd 2014.
Next Goal Experience: 1,000,000,000 -
Personal Kalphite Queen Guide
Follow My PoP Blog!

Support for sequels to Olaf's quest or a minigame that features finding the remaining ships. Could also include a longer bridge with 50 possible points of failure in homage to the original quest.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

The west part of Ardougne is SUPPOSED to look like a shithole, that's the whole point.

It's supposed to be the bad part of the city where people are treated unfairly.

I don't want it to look like a nice place in the near future. It's not supposed to be.

EDIT: And also I go to Falador City all the time to fight white knights. I know that most people don't like fighting low level monsters like I do, but yeah, I do go there to fight white knights, so it's not completely unused outside quests.

EDIT 2: Also, I got something to add. How can ANY of you forget about the mining guild?

Granted, it's not the only place to mine coal, but it still has the biggest amount of coal rocks in one place.

I don't use the mining guild myself, I use the mine between the Legends' Guild and the Ardougne Stall Market, but the mining guild is useful for coal regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is bringing up an old post, but I feel like you missed my point :p

Although West Ardougne is supposed to look atrocious, after Plague's End, the mourners all left and the Knights of Ardougne (the "good guys") moved in. Thus, the city should be in a better state, or at least on its way to a better state, hence my suggestion for a way to repair the city.

In terms of Falador, is fighting white knights useful at all? I'll give you the Mining Guild though. Although I've never used it myself, I heard it's useful :p.

In terms of Falador, is fighting white knights useful at all?

It probably is not for most people since you only get about 5K coins worth of items after you fill your inventory with items dropped by them.

But I like doing it since I love fighting them as I fight monsters of all sorts, both weak and strong. But I see how it's not useful for most people.