Dead inventory clicks solution?

Veiva

Is there a solution to dead inventory clicks? I assume it's because the mouse moves just so slightly, maybe 2-3 pixels, and the game thinks we're trying to move the item instead of use it / equip it.

For example, at TDs, I try and equip two weapons (off-hand and main-hand), but often (every two or three prayer switches) one or both of the weapons don't equip. This results in me wasting like 4+ seconds a kill at times trying to figure out which didn't equip or dealing so much less damage than I should have.

If the problem is the game thinking I'm dragging something, I think I can fix that myself (by writing a program that intercepts the global input and ignores small dragging amounts while the left mouse button is held down... would just have to remember to close the program when I'm done with RS haha). But if that isn't the problem behind dead clicks then I don't know what to do. :(

ozXHe7P.png

It wouldn't be a problem with the mouse itself, would it? If it's old or worn out I guess that could do it. I'm assuming you're using an external mouse to click, and not a touchpad right?

You could try turning down mouse sensitivity as well. I suppose writing a program like you mentioned would work but I'd be careful..

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

It wouldn't be a problem with the mouse itself, would it? If it's old or worn out I guess that could do it. I'm assuming you're using an external mouse to click, and not a touchpad right?

You could try turning down mouse sensitivity as well. I suppose writing a program like you mentioned would work but I'd be careful..

I tried with something I whipped up but dead clicks still happen.

It's not anything on my end. It's just Jagex's client being derp.

ozXHe7P.png

Switch off revolution mode or click your gear between the global ability cooldown cycles. Nothing else you can do, other than waiting Jagex for a fix in a couple of years...

Switch off revolution mode or click your gear between the global ability cooldown cycles. Nothing else you can do, other than waiting Jagex for a fix in a couple of years...

I don't use Revolution at TDs... What do you mean click between global ability cooldown cycles?

ozXHe7P.png

You know the little circle things that appear when you fire ability and stay for like a second and stop you from using another one. Count ticks and stuff lol.

Guess the problem is there with all combat modes then, rip. (I only use revolution)

I think you get dead clicks if the game is making an interface change/refresh at the same time as you make a click. So if you're equipping your mh and oh weapons, and the inventory interface "refreshes" as your mh weapons switch while you make the click on your oh weapon, the click for your oh weapon doesn't register.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think you get dead clicks if the game is making an interface change/refresh at the same time as you make a click. So if you're equipping your mh and oh weapons, and the inventory interface "refreshes" as your mh weapons switch while you make the click on your oh weapon, the click for your oh weapon doesn't register.

Much Jagex. That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

This really upsets me because if I didn't have to fiddle with the dumb interface I could achieve 170+ KPH. Grr. Gonna have to figure something out, because I really want to be the best like no one ever was.

ozXHe7P.png

The quick inventory buttons used to beat dead click lag. If you have action bar space you could consider that ...

I would have used that but my character likes to autoattack if I switch weapons through the action bar unlike through the inventory, thereby wasting ammo and screwing with the prayers of the TDs more often than I care to recall.

ozXHe7P.png

what i do for 2 item weapon switches is:

1) put the mainhand weapon above the offhand in the inventory

2) rightclick the mainhand and equip it

3) left-click again

always gets both in the same tick

• Like 2

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

I found a decent solution if there's enough ability bar space.

Have all but the main-hand switch on the ability bar... In my case, I have two ability bars for mage and range, and put mage void helm and virtus book on the mage bar, while on the range bar I put the range void helm and off-hand ascension crossbow on that one.

What I do next is simple:

1. Switch to the appropriate bar.

2. Equip main-hand weapon from inventory...

3. ...and then press the keybinds to equip the off-hand and helm.

Voila, no dead ticks and no weak autoattacks or unwanted ammo usage.

Quasar's advice worked until I needed three item switches, if that helps.

• Like 1

ozXHe7P.png