Now that random events are long gone, how does Jagex deal with macroers?

I did at one point make a thread about how I miss random events.

Do I stick to everything I said in that thread? For the most part, no.

I don't miss the majority of random events and am glad they're gone. The characters who host the random events might be interesting, which I still think. But the events themselves aren't worth doing.

They are extremely easy, to the point that it's boring. When I get the same random events over and over again at least three times a day, it's not fun anymore. It might have been fun at first, but yeah I can see exactly why people got bored of them and hated them.

The only event worth doing was the maze, but that was only because that was the only event that actually gave awards that are worth more than a few coins like the majority of them.

Anyway, to the main subject of this thread. How does Jagex deal with macroers now that random events are gone? The main purpose of these random events in the first place was to discourage macroing.

And I think macroing has actually got worse since the removal of random events.

While random events were still there, I almost never saw bots fighting red dragons. I still had to deal with annoying wild dogs, but thank goodness they aren't aggressive anymore.

Nowadays all I see are macroers. How do I know this? Because they all are wearing the exact same outfit, there is no way these can be legitimate players.

I do applaud Jagex for getting rid of events that not many people were fond of, I really do. But at the same time, doing that also made macroing worse.

So how does Jagex deal with macroers now? I mean if you report 100, there are at least 1,000 more in their place.

And for the record I never macro, never have and never will. Even if it was allowed, I never use cheat codes in an online game, since I know it will just be unfair to players who like to play legitimately.

The main points were:

a) Bots could solve random events or avoid them anyway. It's simply redundant to assign everyone to do random events as a way to catch bots when bots can solve the puzzles just as easily as humans. Although I still kind of miss them, they were cute..

b) Jagex developed a new system called BotWatch that nominally detects these bots and bans them automatically. The system had a few infamous flaws, but I guess they have it under control now.

The omnipotence of botting has definitely diminished a bit (from what I can see) since they had random events though. I remember there would be 10 different spambots at the G.E. spamming RWT websites or 40 different people at yews...maybe they've just moved on to other things though.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I've no idea but a bot nuke is more then welcome, when I'm in a free world to help my friend the first thing I do is report all bots. :|

I think this gives an very good answer of what I mean.

5538e7a245e32-Screenshot_108.png
Also the bot killer is gone? I loved that hand!

5502f35d690a3-Screenshot_62.png

Sometimes I like to dig a hole in the ground and pretend I'm a carrot.

userbar_350.gif

As far as I know, the giant hand is still in-game, just a matter of catching it doing its work ;).

Well, I want see that. :-) 

5502f35d690a3-Screenshot_62.png

Sometimes I like to dig a hole in the ground and pretend I'm a carrot.

userbar_350.gif

This is best suited in Help & Advice.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I'm sorry I don't agree, at all.

I'm not asking for help with anything, nor do I need advice.

This thread is mostly about discussions. And threads that are mostly discussions, and not about wanting help don't belong in "Help & Advice".

I really have no idea what implied I needed help with something. That's far from the case.

This thread is mostly about discussions. And threads that are mostly discussions, and not about wanting help don't belong in "Help & Advice".

I really have no idea what implied I needed help with something. That's far from the case.

You are asking for more information regarding how Jagex deal with macroers, to help you understand what Jagex does.

If you want seriously think this is not your intention or what you want, feel free to PM me or my colleagues and we will discuss about it.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

You are asking for more information regarding how Jagex deal with macroers, to help you understand what Jagex does.

If you want seriously think this is not your intention or what you want, feel free to PM me or my colleagues and we will discuss about it.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Keep this thread in help and advice, you did give a good reason for the thread to belong here.

In regards to the giant hand and automated bot stuff still happening I saw it just the other day smushing a guy at pest control.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There are experienced  players. ;)

This message board has tons of them.

There is a reason I only stick to one message board of each subject. (I only use one Pokémon message board, one RS message board, etc.) Because asking the same question or discussing the same subject on different message boards is redundant.

There are experienced players. ;)

This message board has tons of them.

There is a reason I only stick to one message board of each subject. (I only use one Pokémon message board, one RS message board, etc.) Because asking the same question or discussing the same subject on different message boards is redundant.

Actually given the nature of the people who frequent each message board you often can get varying opinions and different view points. While there may be some overlap there are still some significant differences.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

I would say a fair assessment is that a good bulk of people on TIF are very high level/maxed/comped whatever, especially if you weight by how much they actually post. Besides on RSOF you usually get several people who don't even read your post and start spouting off irrelevant comments, among other issues...I can totally understand the rationale for not posting there. I don't even read it much myself, even though I used to.

It's not completely redundant though, because different groups of people can post on different forums for the same general subject.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Actually it IS redundant because even though there are different people there, you are still discussing the exact same subject with different people.

And really, what's the point?

This message board already has plenty of different viewpoints. I don't need to go elsewhere to get that.

Actually it IS redundant because even though there are different people there, you are still discussing the exact same subject with different people.

This message board already has plenty of different viewpoints. I don't need to go elsewhere to get that.

So discussing abortion with people in a religous group means you shouldn't discuss it with those outside the group because you already had a discussion with a group?

I'm trying to be nice here but it's ignorant language to assume talking with different groups is redundant. Alot more people on the official forums are newer players and see things in the game differently. I have a maxed account and assumed I knew a lot until I started an Ironman account and realized how mu check my knowledge of the lower levels was lacking.

So to say it is redundant is untrue.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

So discussing abortion with people in a religous group means you shouldn't discuss it with those outside the group because you already had a discussion with a group?

I'm trying to be nice here but it's ignorant language to assume talking with different groups is redundant. Alot more people on the official forums are newer players and see things in the game differently. I have a maxed account and assumed I knew a lot until I started an Ironman account and realized how mu check my knowledge of the lower levels was lacking.

So to say it is redundant is untrue.

I do see what you mean.

But yeah I love this message board.

The only other place I go to to talk about RuneScape is of course YouTube since I love watching videos.

a) Bots could solve random events or avoid them anyway. It's simply redundant to assign everyone to do random events as a way to catch bots when bots can solve the puzzles just as easily as humans. Although I still kind of miss them, they were cute..

This.

Only very basic scripts weren't able to solve randoms. I think the reason you didn't see bots here or there, like red dragons, wasn't thanks to a random event - it's whether or not something is worth it to farm, whether or not the scripter has the know-how to write a bot for that method, how the scripter gets the bot from point-A to point-B, whether or not the time spent travelling + supplies is worth it, what type of botting methods are available, etc.

There's a lot more methods then just injection, reflection, and color springing up that prove to be quite reliable for scripters. This allows them to write more advanced bots for more advanced farming methods.

As Arceus said, they do have BotWatch, but that seems to be leaps behind the scripters...

• Like 2

09144a99bb.png

This.

Only very basic scripts weren't able to solve randoms. I think the reason you didn't see bots here or there, like red dragons, wasn't thanks to a random event - it's whether or not something is worth it to farm, whether or not the scripter has the know-how to write a bot for that method, how the scripter gets the bot from point-A to point-B, whether or not the time spent travelling + supplies is worth it, what type of botting methods are available, etc.

There's a lot more methods then just injection, reflection, and color springing up that prove to be quite reliable for scripters. This allows them to write more advanced bots for more advanced farming methods.

As Arceus said, they do have BotWatch, but that seems to be leaps behind the scripters...

You know what that's a very good, solid and informative explanation.

Thanks for your time.