Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - Deadman Mode DOA - 14th June 2015

Tip.It Times

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,065 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

callingwriters.jpg

WRITE FOR THE TIMES - SUBMIT A GUEST ARTICLE:
Remember, YOU can write an article for the Tip.It Times! You can apply to write full time, or just submit a "one-off" guest article any time you want! Our editors will work with you to ensure that your article is ready for publication. All guest articles can be submitted to Arceus or any other Editorial Panel member. For more information, including details on how to apply full time, read this forum thread: http://forum.tip.it/...he-tipit-times/

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

Read these rules before posting in this thread

Submitting Crossword Puzzles

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in an article then please PM them to Arceus.            :)

Enjoy the articles!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

strilmus
[ Display Name History ]

strilmus

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,910 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P

Look, as long as they continue to research ways for them to isolate and contain the most unpleasant RS players, I'm all for it.

8f14270694.jpg

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
when you can't introduce mtx to a game so resistant to it, introduce ways to make them pay for more member accounts :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

Excellent I can totally see player-run brawls being a thang and some guy running off with the money ruining his rep forever 

XD

Oh and obligatory:

Omg this guy crashed me at GWD, griefer

Omg this guy mine runite faster then me, griefer

Omg this guy buys stuff from SOF, griefer

This is like the perfect mixture inbetween survival and combat. I might start up OSRS after all.

"Believe it or not, many players have already had such an experience despite this mode not being released. It's called (although the term is a slight misnomer) being hacked."

No, not really. This is mutual, being hacked is not. Also raiding banks FTW!

That is quite a hefty drawback on the skills though, I hope they look into that.

I made a level 3 account to mine Runite in the Wilderness. Whilst I enjoyed that PvP sandbox... As of late the vertical progression of the levels irk me. Deadman solves that, It's not neccesarily focusing on PvP. It's overhauling Runescape to fit a survivalist genre. It does favour max levels.

Imagine if you squad up and you have me, two other PKers and you as level 3 skiller. We all attack some maxed guy, so do you (like one hit and run)

or you lure him even better

and because we squadded together the experience lost from that guy is shared.

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Dragon Slayer

• Administrators
  • 7,065 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

True it would make for interesting PvP. Would you enjoy spending hours to train back up after every death though :XD:? It could be fun to reset levels intentionally though - you could be a rune pure and decide you want to become a 1 Defence pure instead and do that by dieing enough to knock your levels down back to 1 Defence and start over - instead of signing up for a fresh account under the current system (bar the one off reset they offer).

Also how would a lure work when they can auto-retaliate and likely kill you in one or two hits? Like they would turn around and shoot two arrows without even moving much. Maybe if you were clever enough :P.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
The idea is to build up a more PVP oriented clan experience, with big groups vying for domination of certain locations, and likely supporting and building up one or a few members in particular to carry them through battles. No time for level 3 skilling in this kind of game mode.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

V O R K
[ Display Name History ]

V O R K

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,215 posts

True it would make for interesting PvP. Would you enjoy spending hours to train back up after every death though :XD:? It could be fun to reset levels intentionally though - you could be a rune pure and decide you want to become a 1 Defence pure instead and do that by dieing enough to knock your levels down back to 1 Defence and start over - instead of signing up for a fresh account under the current system (bar the one off reset they offer).

Also how would a lure work when they can auto-retaliate and likely kill you in one or two hits? Like they would turn around and shoot two arrows without even moving much. Maybe if you were clever enough :P.

I am not getting that strength level to 99 again back from 92!!!

Mad skills xD

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif
✿ ♥‿♥)

Sirenix
[ Display Name History ]

Sirenix

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • RSN:Sirenix
  • Clan:TRFC

If they make it world isolated (IE only in specific worlds) then I am fine with it. I just won't go to those worlds. If they make it everywhere, then I am out. I don't PvP, EVER!

7c0b9ea3fc.png

jessicat
[ Display Name History ]

jessicat

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:oo

A while ago Jagex wanted to introduce ( approx) re-setable hi scores.

That idea was howled down.  There was even an official Jagex run poll, which confirmed that it was not at all popular.  This would seem to indicate that people value their skills xp.

Maybe if deadman mode was run on separate worlds to main game, other wise i suspect it will get howled down again.

Personally, if this was activated with no separate worlds I would be seriously considering quitting rs.

which is painful to me, but seriously, forced pvp? no, just NO.

One of the reasons i persist with rs is because it ( currently ) does  not force us to do anything.  It is a sand box game. Being forced to endure pvp...just NO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tip.It Times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users