How do i "Google Bomb"

nightshade53

Yeh, well basically I want my site in the top 10 search results on google. How do I "google bomb", gimme sites that tell you wot to do or tell me yurself!

Oh and btw, Plz no dont flame this post.. even is wot I wana do is no that ethical.. :twisted:

If you get caught google with put ure pr to 0 like they did to bmw

Basicly you just need to put a link to your website as a url around some text. example

miserable failure

to get better pr for the term "miserable failure"

you need to put that on websites that have a high pr. google then spiders that link from the high up site to yours and increasing yours in the process.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Google has very sophisticated algorithms for detecting this kind of foolishness.

The best way to get a good Google ranking is to have solid, relevant content.

Make a good site, you'll get a good Google rank.

siganizq4.gif

In the past they did. But people abused the meta tags. So most search engines don't even bother including them these days.

In fact all the old tricks - alt text, white text on a white background at the bottom of your page etc... are picked up by most of the major search engines and can actually punish your site rather than enhance it's rating.

No-one outside of Google knows the exact routines that are being used (and at any rate they are being refined all the time). But solid, relevant content in the body area of your page, plus a concise and relevant page title are the best tactics for:

a) Assuring yourself of a worthy place, and,

B) Making sure Google doesn't flag you as a rankcheat.

And properly coded (standards compliant) HTML is another big advantage you can give yourself. The google spider is not as forgiving of poor code as some browsers. Making life hard for the spider will most likely mean it will stop spidering your pages. Besides... well written code is easier for you to maintain anyway.

I've been over this with so many clients that I've lost count. One guy actually tried to claim he wouldn't pay unless I garuanteed a top ten google place.

siganizq4.gif

im sure meta-tags are still used ive seen evidence that suggests there still used by many search engines. But abusing them appears to have negative effect on the offending website.

Search engins arnt stupid I dont know if its possible to fool google wich possibly crosschecks things like meta-tags.

Anyway dont be a moron google exists for everyone and I for one dont like people attempting to screw it up

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

It sucks when im searching for something and the first 10 results are crap or full of adverts and affiliate links

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It sucks when im searching for something and the first 10 results are crap or full of adverts and affiliate links

I agree I hate link spam

Altho I have to admit google do a very good job at keeping most of my results clear of junk.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

im sure meta-tags are still used ive seen evidence that suggests there still used by many search engines. But abusing them appears to have negative effect on the offending website.

Search engins arnt stupid I dont know if its possible to fool google wich possibly crosschecks things like meta-tags.

I found a good article on the subject in google.public.support.general

http://groups.google.com/group/google.p ... 9a9d2c83ed

The basic gist of which is "Yes you should put relevant meta tags in all your pages, yes google will read them, no they don't factor directly in determining your rank."

However, the use of proper meta tags is likely to result in an increase of traffic to your site, indirectly boosting your rank.

siganizq4.gif