Taverly Friend Bot?

BobbieK

Every time I go to Taverly bank, different worlds, different times, a "frtyuiobj3r" or other similar combinations, says "Add me thanks", 30 seconds or so later .. "Add me thanks", .. again and again. I put one of them on my permanent ignore list but there's a few of them regenerating or something. What is this? Someone bought a bot to make them a rent-a-crowd? or are they then scamming whoever adds them? the rent-a-crowd scenario is stupid.

Some bots are scripted to say stuff in the chat to make them look less like a bot. Just add to ignore list and carry on.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

They're blue dragon bots if they're at Taverley Bank.

Amusingly this quick chatting draws more attention to the fact that they're botting, and likely leads to more reports.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Bots are far more easy to spot then they used to be. Taverly and Edgeville are full of them, I report them often but more turn up daily  <_<  :angry:

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

I almost miss the days when bots where a really big problem when they were actually coded well enough to have basic conversations or use a logical set of quick chats for what there were doing.

These new ones that just spam 1 or 2 phrases with no relevance to anything they are doing stick out like a sore thumb.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Supposedly if a bot spams quickchat phrases it is harder for BotWatch to pick it up, but no one has adequately explained to me why this is the case, as of yet...

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Basically it could work like this:

Those bots have two (or more) simultaneously running programs that work independent from each other. Due to this nature they can run in random intervals, making the actions double as complex looking. The more of these different programs running at their own adds another laying to the actions and thus creates a whole different pattern. From what I understand is that BotWatch solely seeks for patterns. It could very well explain why many of these form of bots who to our own eyes are blatant bots, do not get caught by BotWatch. As BotWatch solely sees from the input view and do not take other factors in consideration.

Note: This is my perspective and this is just how I went with my mind.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Basically it could work like this:

Those bots have two (or more) simultaneously running programs that work independent from each other. Due to this nature they can run in random intervals, making the actions double as complex looking. The more of these different programs running at their own adds another laying to the actions and thus creates a whole different pattern. From what I understand is that BotWatch solely seeks for patterns. It could very well explain why many of these form of bots who to our own eyes are blatant bots, do not get caught by BotWatch. As BotWatch solely sees from the input view and do not take other factors in consideration.

Note: This is my perspective and this is just how I went with my mind.

This seems to be the case, but then Botwatch is also meant to be learning/updated so hopefully one such update will tackle this.

It could be as simple as looking for repeated patterns of quick chatting independently of mouse input or it could go for the layer of looking at keyboard and mouse input independently in order to spot that they are both repeating bot inputs obfuscating each other by being on different time cycles. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue