Most efficient slayer xp / points

Samaster

Hello all,

Sorry to make another one of these "Best block/prefer" topics, if there is a related post that answers this question, feel free to post the link. :)

I am looking for the most efficient tasks to do for both slayer points and xp.

Slayer points until I have unlocked everything (trim req)

Then just pure gainz! So best tasks for xp :)

edit: I will be powerslaying, so no picking up drops unless they beam. So tasks that are nice gp but not xp are not what i'm looking for.

user1-dark.png

In terms of points farming it is basically a case of go to Canafis/Edgeville for task 1-9 then do task 10 with Morvran and for his task skip anything that isn't a fast/decent task - which is kinda what your block/prefers should be doing anyway to ensure good xp rates.

My personal setup that I mushed together from a few sources regarding block prefer is:

Block

1) Aviansies - cause they suck unless you wanna do all Kree which is obv quite slow.

2) Desert Wyrms

3) Greaters - similar to aviansies, can be epic if you do zammy gwd but obv quite slow

4) Grots

5) Thzaar

6) Vyres

7) Haven't picked yet - black drags maybe cuz same logic as avian and gr8s

Prefer

1) Abby Demons

2) Muspah

Then the others that seem to be recommended but I haven't done yet are:

3) Airut

4) Shadow Creatures

5) Cele Dragons

6) Elves - apparently priffy ones are mad xp

7) Glacors or Gano or Nech or Wfiends - I'd probably lean to wfiends cause I'm not a fan of glacors and wfiend charms are the bestest.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I would replace #7 on the prefer list with Nihil, they are have all three of your requirements, speed cash and xp.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Yeah they still are poor xp and poor gp, even with specific weakness gone your locked into the quite poor blisterwood weapons to fight them and the stacking corpses are only useful if you intend to collect them - but burning them is slowly and expensive for the loot you get out.

I would replace #7 on the prefer list with Nihil, they are have all three of your requirements, speed cash and xp.

Nihils weren't on my list cause afaik they aren't exactly great cash (the pouches are alright, but factor in the work/cost to get the energy to make them and its a bit eh compared to others) and the xp/hr is lesser than the ones I had down.

According to figures I seen on xp/hr slayer tasks (without including runes/addys but afaik none of those really compete in xp/hr just gp/hr) it goes:

7) Glacors

7) Gano

9) Nechs

10) Wfiends

10) Kal'gers

10) Ice Wyrms

10) D Beasts

14) Steels

15) B Demons

16) lava wyrms

16) Gargs

16) Automatons

19) Nihils

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Could you possible expand a bit on what the mask does and how to go about contracts? (haven't properly slayed since EoC haha)

I assume the legs 4 are from the achievement diary and boost xp or something?

user1-dark.png

Mask of the abyss is a prize from treasure hunter. When worn, you get the slayer helm accuracy and strength bonuses against abyssal demons if they are your slayer target. Additionally, abyssal demons killed grant an additional 85 slayer xp, in addition to whatever slayer xp they normally give. The bonuses last for 1k kills before the mask transforms into a helmet; you can use spirit of battle won from treasure hunter to reset the helm to 0 kills so you get your bonuses again.

Slayer contracts can be gotten by right clicking the guy outside the slayer tower. When you have an abyssal demon task, go to Markus in front of the tower and take a special contract. It grants you bonus slayer xp when you kill your target in the slayer tower.

Morytania legs 4, when worn, give an additional 10% slayer xp when killing slayer targets in the slayer tower.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There's actually a whole list of them here :P. Most of the work in the same or a similar way, plus a guaranteed chance of that creature for a Slayer assignment once per day. You can check Diango to see if you might have destroyed a mask in the past, and if so reclaim any lost masks for a small fee.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Np, since we're on the topic I might as well mention Jagex has just released a new promotion for this weekend on TH entailing 7 new Slayer masks if you're interested. :)

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.