Graphical error defintion

jim_vierling

There seems to be a common misconception on this site as to what a graphical error is. So to clarify it I will try to explain.

A graphical error is when something like a tree or a building renders incorrectly. It might even be part of your avatar that stops showing up at times. That is what a graphical error is.

The game loading upside down is not a graphical error. It is an error pertaining to the workings of the game (mechanics) and not rendering. The game changing the view when you go in and out of your house or mini games is not a graphical error. That is also an error in the game mechanics.

The moronic placing of the House settings panel is just an ignorant placing and not actually a bug.

Jimvierling5.png

My Ironman account.

Not sure what you're referring to here? Your original post only talked about the 35 slot inventory, which is clearly a graphical error because it only has to do with an interface resizing itself instead of actually having a 35 slot inventory.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Are you referring to the camera position shifting? I was always under the impression that was intentional.

But as for the definition of graphical glitch, I think it's generally interpreted as anything that doesn't really effect your items, your xp, your skills, etc. For example, the XP drop you see on log in with the counter on is regarded in this way. It may well be a misnomer - I'm not familiar with the technical definition - but just like the infamous term "lag," people generalize it to an umbrella usage.

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Then those things all would be issues would core game code. Which then means they're can then be fixes that takes minutes to hours to days or weeks to fix. It also means it could be a small issue for a certain amount of people and not be a high priority.

I think the biggest misconception was the way to address the issue was to be incredibly rude and combative to the people on a fansite while at the same time being dismissive and condescending to others who may have had a different opinion.

• Like 2

Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

The game loading upside down is not a graphical error.

Are you talking about the camera facing south? That was an intentional update done to fix a bug until a permanent solution could be put into place.

• Like 1

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Are you talking about the camera facing south? That was an intentional update done to fix a bug until a permanent solution could be put into place.

It now actually is the permanent solution. Untill NXT is released probably.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

It now actually is the permanent solution. Untill NXT is released probably.

It's not though.

It's the temporary fix that stops the issue occurring until a perma fix is found.

It just so happens that they have not been able to make any headway with a perma fix in java and have instead opted to instead focus on NXT which ought to fix it automagically and if it doesn't they can then work on it in c++ instead of finding a weird fix in java that may prove totally useless once NXT hits.

• Like 1

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue