Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Salvage desktop or go all new?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,396 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez
So currently I have a gaming PC that is slightly older and the graphics card is aging. Wondering whether you guys would suggest building a new PC with all new parts or just upgrade what's needed.

Current Specs:
CPU: FX-4100 @ 3.8CUz
GPU: AMD 6950 Saphire 2GB
Ram: 8GB
Storage: 256GB sad and 1TB HDD

Only big(ish) issue is that they mother board is older so I'd need a new one in order to upgrade the GPU.

What I'm currently thinking is new motherboard, case, and GPU while recycling everything else presuming I won't require a new PSU since 8GB of ram is still okay,the CPU is fine (afaik), and the hard drives are still good.

Looking for thoughts and opinions on the matter. I do realise I will only be saving $200-300 but money saved is money saved.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

selena18
[ Display Name History ]

selena18

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

I can only share my own opinion here. As you most of the parts are older and you have to upgrade the motherboard, so it should be better to buy a new PC. In my case I did the same. Why dont you just sell the older one to buy the new PC?

Estonian dude
[ Display Name History ]

Estonian dude

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,475 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Saq Prets
  • Clan:Off-Topic

Keep the hard drives. RAM depends on which speed you currently have.

If you need to change motherboards, it is helluva lot easier to just change CPU aswell, and go the whole way. You can probably also salvage the old case.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users