Pokemon Go

muggiwhplar

I'm level 20 rn. waiting til i have some more ready-to-evolve pokemon before mass-evolving with a lucky egg active.

50k xp needed between levels now though lol. 

@sporks, the grass/leaves animation means there's an increased, but not guaranteed chance of a pokemon being there

yeah the 'nearby' tab is broken right now, kinda sucks.

I still don't get how tracking works. When I see a splash of grass, that means there's a pokemon there, right?

Caught a pidgy, pidgeot and another damn rattata last night on a short walk, almost level 3 now.

It's a pokemon spawn point

& I hit level 20 a couple days ago and I'm still at like 15k xp. Waiting until I have 45 evolutions ready to go before I pop a lucky egg (I think I have like 15-20ish, but I can't check cuz the servers are down).

They're banning pretty much everyone who teleports far away from their home, and most GPS spoofers (i.e. the ones used by devs to test their apps) are pretty easy to detect. But there's no real way to detect if someone teleported to the pokestop half a mile away from their house. Especially cuz they only sample location data every 30 seconds, which ends up being every 60 seconds or so because of server lag. There's enough error in their measurements that you can get away with quite a bit. But cheating in a game cuz you don't wanna walk around is neckbeard as [bleep].

• Like 1

The actual logic isn't that bad. Figure out how to interface with the game (which shouldn't be too hard, people have already done that), then it's just pathfinding and spoofing the GPS. But you're going to run into a lot of trouble with networking. There are a lot of ways to [bleep] that up and get all of your clients banned.

Yo ring world, if you wanna play around with the pokemon go APIs and learn a little about how games work, I have a project for you. Use the live pokemon locations & pokestop data to create a desktop pokemon game with real world data. I.E. do everything you planned on doing, except maintain game state on your servers (or locally) instead of using Niantic accounts. It'll be a lot easier than working around anti-cheat systems and you'll still learn a lot.

This battle system makes me want to vomit. I was training at my team's gym that had a ~700 Beedrill and ~750 Scyther using my 920 Flareon. Easy right? Hell no. It barely made it through the Beedrill and I couldn't touch the Scyther at all.

WHY IS MY FLAREON GETTING DESTROYED BY A BEEDRILL?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Poison jab does 15 damage every 1.5s while defending, which is 10 DPS. Ember has 9.5 DPS normally, so it has 11.4 DPS against bug types cuz super effective attacks only do 1.2x damage. That should allow a beedrill to be competitive against a flareon.

So the real explanation: Flareon sucks balls in this game and type advantage isn't enough to save it, and CP barely matters

Not that a beedrill should be anywhere near as good as a flareon, but that's why

Flareon definitely sucks. Do you have a chart of the attack DPS rates?

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Got to level 22 today, most of the way to 23. My Pokedex is at 97 caught/98 seen. Excited to go to California next month so I can find some pokemon that are common there that are rare here haha.

New rankings after the update: Dragonite > Arcanine > Charizard > Kabutops > Exeggcutor > Nidoking > Golduck > Starmie > Venosaur > Blastoise > Vaporeon > Flareon > Cloyster > Wigglytuff > Golem

RIP Golem, it was a nice run

Chansey is now the worst fully evolved pokemon (literally worse than every pokemon except Magikarp). Onix is still really bad, you'd be better off using a rattata. 

Edit: for defending gyms: Lapras > Poliwrath > Dragonite > Snorlax > Exeggcutor > Slowbro > Venosaur > Muk > Vaporeon > Rhydon > Vileplume > Nidoqueen > Arcanine > Victreebell > Charizard

New dps charts came out but I don't know the difference between "raw" and "true" dps

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Link to the chart? I'm guessing true DPS takes STAB into account

I evolved a starmie today since they're the second best water Pokemon now, and it ended up with a crap moveset. My 800 something one has the best moveset though so I gotta try it out against some high level flareons tomorrow

i realized that i don't even really care about combat stats and IVs and all that stuff much at all

like, generally if you're level 20+ you can take control of a gym by yourself anyway. it's not worth the extra effort to me worrying about types and movesets and getting a 10% combat difference at best by evolving the right pokemon, etc

i just wanna catch em all.

and on that note, i have 101 in the pokedex now