make it pleasurable

sir_icehouse

As of now, there is one thing that will make me quit this game. It is the lack of any sort of......consideration by most that play.

im a newb of 1.5 mos, and have progressed fairly fast. I am tired of all the negative ppl (I visit rant forum here and there), so i decided to spend a couple hours just giving crap away. I bought about 15k of newbie stuff..weapons/armor/shields and just approached newbs (not noobs!) in lumb and gave it to them for nothing in return, and of course I got favorable results.

I encourage all who have the means to make this world a little more even. There r many more here willing to swear at you rather than help you (sad). We have along way to go considering the constant barrage of scammers and liers the newbs (not noobs) will encounter, but a little goes along way.

peace!

lol

crumby armor to me, is a nice gift to someone new. Yes, it does make me a better person than those that try to scam on the newbs.....pretty simple. Yes it DOES change runescape when one's first experience is someone giving them something rather than cheating them.....r u daft?

u speak in absolutes...r u 16?

many can make thier fortune here and still donate 5% of it to make a group of players feel more welcome and appreciated.

without the newbs all you scammers would be out of business...you should appreciate them rather than condem them.

lol

crumby armor to me, is a nice gift to someone new. Yes, it does make me a better person than those that try to scam on the newbs.....pretty simple. Yes it DOES change runescape when one's first experience is someone giving them something rather than cheating them.....r u daft?

Are you? *Note actual correct spelling of the words 'are' and 'you'.

I used to do that. Go out to lumbridge and give out sets of full iron etc, but you know what i got for it? About two people saying thank-you and the whole server PMing me for 'Phr33 st00f'.

Giving newbs free stuff helps them not at all. I am all for giving them advice, showing them places, and teaching them the ropes. But handing out free iron and bronze teaches them no appreciation for the merits of hard work and toil, just think, you may have just helped create the next generation of macro'ers and scammers.

I have a RL friend who just started playing RS, i helped him out a bit and gave him some starting armour, weapons and training food. Next thing i knew he'd died and wanted more stuff. I smithed him about 4 more sets of full iron before i gave up, and told him to work for his armour. He quit RS shortly after.

I say we let the newbies earn their own way, it helps them get to know the game quicker by themselves and perhaps weeds out some of the undisirables without the patience to play a long term game who would only be a leech {sp!?} on the game itself.

-Gid.

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

why scam a noob when you can scam a rich player.most of the noobs are just stupid and get lost in lumbridge and quit cause they get to frusturated with the game.and no i'm 15.

gidion has a good point too.by giving them free armour they think it's mandatory for all other players to do the same.why not let them work for their own stuff.it will only help them in the long run by giving them exp in their skills and knowledge and will have a better understanding of how the game works.

lol

Are you? *Note actual correct spelling of the words 'are' and 'you'.

I used to do that. Go out to lumbridge and give out sets of full iron etc, but you know what i got for it? About two people saying thank-you and the whole server PMing me for 'Phr33 st00f'.

Giving newbs free stuff helps them not at all. I am all for giving them advice, showing them places, and teaching them the ropes. But handing out free iron and bronze teaches them no appreciation for the merits of hard work and toil, just think, you may have just helped create the next generation of macro'ers and scammers.

I have a RL friend who just started playing RS, i helped him out a bit and gave him some starting armour, weapons and training food. Next thing i knew he'd died and wanted more stuff. I smithed him about 4 more sets of full iron before i gave up, and told him to work for his armour. He quit RS shortly after.

I say we let the newbies earn their own way, it helps them get to know the game quicker by themselves and perhaps weeds out some of the undisirables without the patience to play a long term game who would only be a leech {sp!?} on the game itself.

-Gid.

very good post

i do show some where to go ( or at least tell them). Giving a lvl 3 a 2h steel or a lvl4 a free cross bow and 50 bolts is only going to help them and give them a favorable outlook on the game. Face it, the more that stick around is better for all. You talk like im giving a lvl 3 rune stuff. I am a newb myself...just got my full addy and rune scim, and still have 120k to show for it (i know..lame to those who have played forever), so it makes me and those "noobs" feel good about the game we r playing.

Giving new players free stuff isn't smart. Let them discover the game themselves, and don't overload them with stuff they probably don't use.

As for weapons/armour, instead of giving them a body, give them a bronze bar and teach them how to make armour themselves.

signature4s.jpg

People tend to remember bad deeds easier then good ones, because of that reason. Seeing how there are more jerks that play then anything most those people will be void by being backstabbed or picked on until their on a high enough level to bully themselves. Its gotten to the point people dont even expect high levels to be nice and when I train in wildy everyone thinks I'll attack them for no reason -.-'

uve just been lucky . . . :(

everytime i give away free stuff the newbs CANT understand its free or always say more plz more! MORE! ! MOORE U N00b!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

giving away doesnt make the game better, you might even ruin it

they may see people give away things and go off on a begging streak

Exactly. Players may never learn to play for themselves if they know a hand out is going to hit them sooner or later.

I believe there is an old proverb...

Give a man a fish, and he will be full for a day.

Teach a man to fish, and he will be full for the rest of his life.

Moral of this is to teach the newbs to make their own armor or find a stable source of income (for the time being, that is). Giving them free items just teaches them that if they want something, all they need to do is beg people for it. I'm not saying this is the case for all people, but for the majority, it is. It was, however, nice that you decided to help out other players.