Is runescape addictive?

jepa69

Recently i read an article about multiplayer online games being addictive, it got me thinking am i addicted to rune scape? i have several reasons to believe this one of them and probably the worst symptom of " RS addiction"

is happening to me this is my school grades have plummetid to Fs and this is all because i can not get school work done when i am at home. The reasont for this is because i am always playing runescape, my work at scholl is close to perfect though.

i would like to know how many other people are also addicted to runescape and how to break my addiction.

bvnqi3.jpg

At the moment i can't really see the full form of the muffin.

One could make the same statment about cigarettes and chocolate. I represent JAGeX and I am here to inform you that Andrew has looked into this subject for many years now. Our conclusion is that runescape is not addictive. The evidence for this is that no laws have been passed forbiding excesive use of our product. If anyone were to find proof of this please call our coustmer servese department at 555-3424, if this number fails to work than please dontate $5 to our chairiaty for unimployed computer hackers.My bank acount would also work.

Me playing playing runescape has increased my procrastination in doing homework after school so I usually stay up till 12 trying to finish it all, my grades haven't drop to Fs though though I did drop to a b in spanish in L.A. rest are fine :D. Dude after school everyday just start doing your homework somewhere far away from your computer or do it in the same room as your parents.

Btw today is one of thoughs later nights :x *says to self* Stop...browsing...forums...two...projects due...tomarrow.

awesomeaa9.png

Im addicted to something at one time. It could be toast, or Vitality drinks

dude i was addicted to toast. lol not really but id eat a lot of plain toast. and i was addicted to rs. yes...my grades were bad but my grades were only bad. and i remember during winter break i played rs the whole time. and when i got back to school it was hard for me to socialize. lol

yea i got back to normal in a few days. then few weeks later i quit for awhile. now im jsut sorta playing

I can quit anytime I want to. The thing is though, I don't want to.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sure you can...hehe.

But people can get addicted to anything, and now people get addicted to video games. Beats the alternatives of drinking, smoking, gambling, tv, or some other things.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I'm addicted to RS. I am only lvl 72, not even member, but I still like to play. Play play play. If I come from school at about 2 pm, I try to be in the computer (mostly playing RS), and at about 7 pm I start doing my homework unless I got lots of them (then I start earlier.

I can quit anytime I want to. The thing is though, I don't want to.

6,521th to 99 woodcutting | Fletching 98/99 |

Idarodo | Combat 90 | Total 1565+ | 38m+ total exp

Retired.

i hate ppl who blame sometin else for their own actions. it may have been the games fault ur grades r goin down but u should have the will power to stop and do ur homework. if u do not have any will power at all in life u will get nowhere and if ur grades go down so much take a break and play in the summer. but i doubt its the games fault u chose not to do ur work so its ur fault

thenoobstats1uq1.png

all f2p stats...My stats go up so not accurate :P

Anything can be addictive.

I had a friend who was once addicted to yogurt. Wait no, that was me. :lol:

I like yogurt... mmmm..................... I just have to go... over here... mmm...

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg

Anything can be addictive.

I had a friend who was once addicted to yogurt. Wait no, that was me. :lol:

I like yogurt... mmmm..................... I just have to go... over here... mmm...

Whatsit called, Strawberry Yoplait Grande is what I like the best. So smooth. <3

On topic,

I'm addicted to RS. I am only lvl 72, not even member, but I still like to play. Play play play. If I come from school at about 2 pm, I try to be in the computer (mostly playing RS), and at about 7 pm I start doing my homework unless I got lots of them (then I start earlier.

At least you can stop playing RuneScape to do your homework. I don't. I would like to blame that on RS, but I have never done my homework. :roll:

I guess I'm addicted, used to be a member, really want to now.

I play til like 8 or 9 at night, but before runescape I'd just watch tv until then anyeays, so no big change. It is very addicting though, it's all i do with spare time.

Runescape and legos, a deadly duo.

I don't think it's addictive.

Sure, it's hard to draw yourself away from the screen when you just advanced a high enough level to hit with more damage, but when you want to stop, it's a simple case of finding something else to do. Something that will keep you entertained for at least half an hour.

Either that, or gradually playing less and less, until you're bored with it.

But what would my opinion matter? I'm only a f2p level 58 with a total of 623

A good way to break addiction is go out and loose a bunch of money then u will think runescape is pointless then stop playing for awile. (this happend to me and i wasn't as addicted after.) lol. jk.

set a goal and say to yourself somthing like "if i do hw for an hour then. . ." and like go on 4 10 min then go do more hw . . . . .

if u got no selfcontrol (lol) then get a friend involed and tell hem to set a pass for the computer and only tell u when hw is done.

Yes, runescape is a very addictive game because it's different of most MMORPGS. In the other online games, the only thing we can do is kill, kill, kill, kill, kill... In runescape we can mine, craft objects, cook, fish, cut trees, smith, etc.

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

If you want to stop playing, go into wild with all of your most prized possesions and proceed to die with a skull. If all your hard work just went down the drain you don't really feel like starting over again. If you don't go in with all your possesions then it wont work.

For example I lost full rune 3 times in 1 day. Each time I lost it I had enough resources in the bank to create more money. So I continued to play. But the way I just stated is just a way to help you stop playing.

Yes, runescape is a very addictive game because it's different of most MMORPGS. In the other online games, the only thing we can do is kill, kill, kill, kill, kill... In runescape we can mine, craft objects, cook, fish, cut trees, smith, etc.

These are all good points, and another being that you don't have to download anything.

But it's still just a matter of willpower.

I'm currently using a character with the highest level over about 5 years. I could still quit easily.

yes it is, but why should you stop.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Recently i read an article about multiplayer online games being addictive, it got me thinking am i addicted to rune scape? i have several reasons to believe this one of them and probably the worst symptom of " RS addiction"

is happening to me this is my school grades have plummetid to Fs and this is all because i can not get school work done when i am at home. The reasont for this is because i am always playing runescape, my work at scholl is close to perfect though.

i would like to know how many other people are also addicted to runescape and how to break my addiction.

Solution: Complete all homework as soon as you get home from school, and try to get as much done in class as you can. If you have too much work to complete in one sitting, take a break with some fruit juice, fruit or other healthy snack. Don't play runescape during your breaks unless you have complete control, which I don't.

MOD EDIT: Offensive text removed.