Linksys WAG54G

Mercifull

Ok last hope methinks. Kinda hoping that som1 here had the same router and can give a bit of advice...

Ive got a Linksys WAG54G V.2 wireless router and its cirrently unusable. Random dicconections and dropping out both on wireless and wired has meant i have had to plug in an old BT Voyager 100 in my UBS port. Now this works but means i have no wireless functionality and any of the other stuff i had with my router.

Please please please can someone who knows what they are talking about (Anasthesia, Hannibal ect) help me identify the problem? I tried searching google and found a load of other ppl having the same issue but with no solution. I tried looking for an updated firmware on their site but no luck again :(

Any help would be good, cheers

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hey Matt,

Have you tried factory resetting the router?

Is the router in a hot area and may be overheating?

Is there a conenction lose on the router?

Have you tried another cat5 cable to insure that that isn't the problem?

codbar.jpg

4wmbar.jpg

Have you tried factory resetting the router?

Ive done a "soft" reset but not a complete back to factory settings because then i fear i wont be able to connect it up at all.

Is the router in a hot area and may be overheating?

It used to be, but ive turned it on its site and opened the front of the desk out to air it through.

Is there a conenction lose on the router?

No checked all connections

Have you tried another cat5 cable to insure that that isn't the problem?

Brought back one from work, i thought that the cable was the original problem.

:(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Linksys are useless. Atm im connected with a cheap crappy USB modem trying to get help from them but everytime i get a generic email reply which answers NONE of my questions

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Somewhere on the linksys site they have a direct help chat set up. You tell them your problem and they'll usually walk you through it. Helped me with My linksys BEF11S4.

Try checking thisout.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

You have the EXACT same problem i had with my WAG54G router. If you google it loads of people are having this problem and there dosent seem to be a solution. Well not what i have found or on other forums. I just threw it out and brought a WAG54Gs It owns and looks better. Sorry that i dont have much help apart from that.

Yeah its about as good as a banana skin in a trash can atm so im gonna get myself a Netgear next month after I get paid. Cust support are as good as useless too telling me to go to the properties of the router... I cant get into the router control panel because it says its not connected to my pc lol. Not getting a Linksys again.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Yeh the costomer support suck bad. They telling me all this stuff which i could of figured out my self. i swear half of them dont know what a ip address is.

Actually, when i had a problem i called, had no wait, and they fixed my problem in under 5 minutes. i dont know who you talked to...