My Extreme Decision

Blubber

Hello everyone.

During the last few weeks of my life down in Florida, USA, things in my real life away from RuneScape and Tip.It have been steadily becoming more hectic. Being homeschooled, I am pushed by my parents to be the best I can. They have seen all the "pure" homeschoolers get scholarships to fine schools such as Harvard, Princeton, and Oxford, (Just as a side note, I'd love to go to Oxford University. As you may know, C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien were both professors there =)) and start very promising careers. Now, I am (I admit it) quite lazy and not self-motivated. I would like to do such things as mentioned above, but I want to achieve it without doing all the work required. But I have made up my mind to take most of my RuneScape time and transfer it to my education and family life. I am hereby semi-retiring from RuneScape. I will usually only be playing for about 1 to 2 hours maximium until I graduate from high school. (I'm currently finishing up 10th grade) I know this will mean I will not grow many levels or make alot of money. Then I though of something. Why not go for lvl 99 in a skill? It was settled. I decided to do nothing but cut yew logs behind Varrock Castle (world 95) and not stop until I was lvl 99. Then, once again I got an idea. Since I really don't care about having lots of money or good items in RuneScape, why not make the game more enjoyable for the players less fortunate then myself? I am going to keep all the yew logs from lvl 69 to lvl 99 (which will be ALOT) and then once I reach my goal of lvl 99 woodcutting, I will sell all the logs and give all the money to the Tip.It events team to sponsor a f2p drop party. Most of my RuneScape career was spent in f2p before I became a member. And to tell you the truth, I would rather be an f2p then a p2p. I prefer the laid back, relaxed style of RuneScape, rather then having to have tons of gp and trying to keep up with all the new quests and items that come out nearly every day. Maybe when I have lots of time to devote to RuneScape, I'll consider becoming a member again. But for now, I will go for 99 woodcut, and all the while, thinking of how happy the kids who get items from the drop party will feel.

sigjh4.png

I'd love to start a discussion on why homeschooling is a bad thing, but i guess this isn't the place.

Sounds like a good idea, hope you succeed.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

Glad you made a smart decision on your life. I'll support you for the whole nine-yard, except for the fact that I can't make the same decision for myself.

In truth, you might want to take a break from TipIt. I found it more time consuming than runescape itself.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

You are truly a RS saint... Thank you for doing that, not only that, but good luck IRL and enjoy the future, and good luck getting into Oxford, even though Durham is a much better university

Lol, I think he means the Oxford University in US, not the one in England, which I presume you're thinking of.

Anyway, good luck man with getting in to a good college and starting a writing career (is that what you wanted?). If you publish a book, I will buy it!

sigstuff4qe.png

I don't know what it is, but something keeps telling me you "own"?

"When you're happy it's like you're a bird; you can fly. The only trouble is, you need other birds to fly with"

You are truly a RS saint... Thank you for doing that, not only that, but good luck IRL and enjoy the future, and good luck getting into Oxford, even though Durham is a much better university

Lol, I think he means the Oxford University in US, not the one in England, which I presume you're thinking of.

There's an Oxford in the US? :S

Good luck irl, and in game. I always say to myself that im gonna do x til level x, but something always happens, and I always have to stop doing it.

And good luck.

boratto.jpg

I'd love to start a discussion on why homeschooling is a bad thing, but i guess this isn't the place.

Public schooling helps you develop the social skills you need later on in life. That might start you up. 8)

Luring master.

I don't want to make such a long cheesy speech....so just...bye :( Good luck in your future RL life friend :)

or you could buy a phat and die to a random event

Speaking of which, you could go like Mage Arena, get skulled previous, wear a phat, nothing else, and die, praying the phat :P

sidewalksigpng9qg.png

Hazardmaster.png

i also agree, but thats besides the point.

Congrats, I guess

w4M8t.png

Homeschooled myself i thnk were brothers by the way you sound just like me unmotivated but not stupid and as i graduate this year my parents are already bugging me about what to do. all i can say is i feel your pain :)

and typos in this or frorementioned text were caused by my laptop not my fault

by the way add me in game if you wish Jaxter98 at your service

finishedsig0rs.png

^^ gravely not grievely mistaken. Time to pull out the spelling book again. :lol:

Just messing with ya, I hope you achieve your goal, make a lot of players happy.

Sorry about my spelling. I'm high on 3 cans of Coca Cola lol.

sigjh4.png