Inova X5. Anyone have one? You should.

trapical

Everyone own a cheap flashlight but does anyone own a LED light? If you've never seen one you have no idea how bright these things are!

There are countless companies that sell them (most famous is Surefire but the models run in the hundreds) Personally I'm a fan of the company Inova.

There most famous product is the X5. Oh man I love X5s, I own 3 of them and then one of the smaller models, the X1. See the aforementioned site for an overview of differnt choices of X5, most notably you can choose of 5 different colors of LED. I have a white LED for use in my room, a red one for "dark ops" or if I get up at night, and a UV for pure entertainment.

-Everyone alive needs to have a white X5, where to begin! X5s as a whole are incredibly compact waterproof, indestructible (you can run it over with a car and mine fell off a balcony onto tile... no damage what so over), then of course there is the the insane brightness. You can actually temporarly blind an attack with it and if used in a dark room its brighter then a park at noon ;)

-The red one is pretty sweet, red doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t affect your night vision so if your eyes are adjusted to a dark room you can use it to find something easier and then turn it off and your night vision will be just as it was before. Its actually kind of eerie the first few times you do it. Also helps if you want to play a prank or something on your mate's house at night. You donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t want a white light which attracts attention and kills your night vison making you dependant on it

-UV is also pretty sweet but not as useful as the others. I use in it more enjoyment and during biology lab (helps illuminate features of organisms and actually kills the bacteria off your hands if you bathe them in the light)

-Other colors are blue and green. Green is great to use at night but I prefer red. Blue is weird on how it enhances contrast--shine it at the back of your hand and see hundreds of wrinkles and all your tiny hairs; its cool but again, not as useful as the others.

Does anyone else own one? I highly recommend everyone to eventually investing on one kind or another of LED light, if you want to go with Inova, X5s run for about $29 these days.

687474703a2f2f636b33372e696d61.jpg

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Did you know that while your driving a blue light dosen't reflect on the windshield so you can safely drive with it on at night?

Spiffy, no I did not know that. Thats kinda cool ^^

Did you know that while your driving a blue light dosen't reflect on the windshield so you can safely drive with it on at night?

Spiffy, no I did not know that. Thats kinda cool ^^

That entirely depends on how many blue lights you're talking about. Try putting 8 x 21 Blue LED rods in a car like a mate of mine has and see how you go seeing things :lol:

Rsn: snyper jr

I have 5 LED MAGLITE torches of various sizes.

They've been ported over from the standard bulb mag's so I can still replace the LED if they ever die.

Unlike most conventional LED lights where you can't actually change the LED :P

I better mention now that the LEDs in most torches and lights last for about 10,000 hours.

So by the time you have to change LEDs, you might as well replace the entire unit.

However I prefer being about to mix and match my LEDs instead of having the same torch in various light colour.

And the shipping costs more than the torch itself.

Ouch... :/

Oh well, I'm sure you can find something simular somewhere like in a Target or camping store. Gotta love that shipping though eh?