Help with mage training please

i_kingdom

Mass curse is a very good way to move forward. Buy a water staff, craft a ton of earths, buy bodies. Go down to Al Kharid Scorpions, put on your METAL ARMOR, and miss as many curses as you can. You still get exp for the misses, so just sit back and enjoy.

stormveritas.png

Buy a water staff, craft a ton of earths, buy bodies.

actually craft waters and get a earth staff because u need 1 more earth than water each curse...

if u want to get hp experience than do the fire strike spell on low levels

knucklesrunsmallani9si.giftailsrunsmallani1rp.gifsonicrunsmallani5bw.gif

Mass curse is a very good way to move forward. Buy a water staff, craft a ton of earths, buy bodies. Go down to Al Kharid Scorpions, put on your METAL ARMOR, and miss as many curses as you can. You still get exp for the misses, so just sit back and enjoy.

Lol the scorpions are a bad place to train curse. Okay the BEST place to train curse are the ducks south of champions guild. There are like 30-40 ducks that are lvl 2 and they are in the water so you dont need to worry about then attacking you. ADVANTAGE: A tip I learned is that once u have casted curse on a monstor u cant curse it again for like 5 minutes so log out and log in and you can curse all the dugs all over again. I earned 2 magic levels this way.54 and 55 in like 2 hours. :P

Currently:whacking noobs with rubber chicken

F2p and 52 prayer :-P

^^^^ Awesome Video ^^^^

rofl cmon people get 40 range for dhide vambs then u wear full iron dhide vambs and a earth staff so u have -65 mage attack(when u have -65 mage attack or more u always splash) go curse on zamorak monk in varrok castle

Buy a water staff, craft a ton of earths, buy bodies.

actually craft waters and get a earth staff because u need 1 more earth than water each curse...

Don't bother crafting, if you're lvl 18 combat, I'm not sure if you can even craft these runes. Just buy an earth staff, and water and body runes in port sarim rune shop.

ADVANTAGE: A tip I learned is that once u have casted curse on a monstor u cant curse it again for like 5 minutes so log out and log in and you can curse all the dugs all over again.

Its much less than 5 minutes, more like 30 secs. No need to log really. With full metal armour and vambraces (leather i expect for now) you shouldn't hit much anyway.

Also remember that cursing doesnt give hitpoints xp.

You may be better off just doing the best combat spell you can, seeing as money is aplenty. Train anywhere appropriate for your magic lvl at the time.

If you train melee/range then hp xp isnt so important, so you could just curse.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

...actually craft waters and get a earth staff because u need 1 more earth than water each curse...

True, but the earth altar is closer to a bank...

Lol the scorpions are a bad place to train curse.

Why do you think that?

The standard way to Curse the scorpions is to stand up high

on the rim outside the chasm and curse from there.

Since Curse always gives 29 mage exp, the monster really doesn't matter

at all as long as it can't reach you and as long as you always fail.

Okay the BEST place to train curse are the ducks south of champions guild.

No, they are not the best place to train.

They are just 1 of many good places to train.

There are like 30-40 ducks that are lvl 2 and they are in the water so you dont need to worry about then attacking you.

The standard way to Curse (or range) any monster is to position yourself in a "safe spot".

That way it doesn't matter what level the monster is.

A popular place is to cast from is the key room in the Varrock sewers into the

4 zombie ladder room. It's multi-combat so you almost always have a target.

ADVANTAGE: A tip I learned is that once u have casted curse on a monstor u cant curse it again for like 5 minutes so log out and log in and you can curse all the dugs all over again.

Although that technique works, the standard way is to "dress to fail"

It's a bit faster then logging out.

rofl cmon people get 40 range for dhide vambs then u wear full iron dhide vambs and a earth staff so u have -65 mage attack(when u have -65 mage attack or more u always splash) go curse on zamorak monk in varrok castle

Yes.

IIRC, all metal armor has the same stats for magic defense.

So, metal armor, green vambraces, and a staff work very well together.

...Don't bother crafting, if you're lvl 18 combat, I'm not sure if you can even craft these runes...

Hmmm, combat level has nothing to do with your ability to F2P runecraft...

...You may be better off just doing the best combat spell you can, seeing as money is aplenty....

Well, Curse gives more mage exp than any Mind rune based F2P spell

so he shouldn't bother with any Strike spells unless he wants the HP exp

or really wants to use auto-cast.

And if the OP really has lots of money, then, eventually, Crumble Undead

can be a good way to train with Chaos runes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for all the help :D

I tried cursing, but that takes lots and lots of clicking per xp, and I find its easier to use combat spells, and I am after HP as well.

Theres usually heaps of people at the lesser demon but that works well. I think I'll go and Water Bolt the lesser in wizards tower.

And yea I cant craft Earths or waers, im only level 1 rc :oops:

If anyone has any more suggestions, please post here! :D

Thanks again :)

to get my pures mage to 25, i just used the highest spell i could on the zombies in lumby dungeon, took me like 15 to get from 20-25

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Thanks a lot for all the help :D

I tried cursing, but that takes lots and lots of clicking per xp, and I find its easier to use combat spells, and I am after HP as well.

Theres usually heaps of people at the lesser demon but that works well. I think I'll go and Water Bolt the lesser in wizards tower.

And yea I cant craft Earths or waers, im only level 1 rc :oops: quote]

:lol: With the first load of airs you do, you hit 2 RC - though I wouldn't recommend minds until at least level 14 (2 for 1) as it's such a rotten walk (long from Fally, or low level wildy but shorter from edgeville.

Then you either move up through water and earth, or keep doing airs (you get 2 for 1 at level 11).

The big step is when you hit level 20 RC, get 600 ess and work the edgeville-body route until you have level 26, then you will be on 2 for 1 runes at the earth altar, at which point, curses are a lot cheaper in effort.