New Ideas!! ~~ READ & Comment ~~

First off: W00T! 2nd Post in NEW forum!

Here are my addons and Reasons

Reasons

Bigger avvys:

The current avvy should be moved up to 115 x 115 to accomdate better quality and res., this also allows to be able to put slighty bigger pictures.

This is also a good idea because, when you make it bigger more options are open to use.

3 Pictures in sig:

Picture one: Goals

Picture 2: Stats

Picture 3: Anything

More text room: For the allowing of URL's to people stores. Links to Game pages thet made, Quotes, and/or homeworld etc.

more Sub-forums

This would eliminate all confusion to which forum to post stats,screenshots,fakes and all other art/photos.

EG.

More Subforums:

----EG: The gallery

---------Subforums

----------------Screenshots

----------------Sigs avvys Etc.

----------------?fakes /or/ Real Life (sketches)

More Runescap-ish

Make the forums more runescap-ish by changing the:

reply, add new thread, new topic, hot topic, etc. and skins

Un-cartigorised

>"Spotlighted" When go to to a forum -> post, you can spoltlight which bring it to the top in it own box or something for easy access

> Down the side (under where live and posts), it should have:

Character/RSN(possibly 2 of them):

RuneScape Charater:Rummy 15

(Optional)Second Character:Beachyball<

when you click on it it take you to the RS Highscores

^^^^

[url=http://hiscore-web.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/hiscorepersonal.ws?user1=INSERT YOU RSN HERE][/url]

Below is An example of My high score URL:

[url=http://hiscore-web.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/hiscorepersonal.ws?user1=rummy_15]Rummy 15[/url]

---------

Also you should have below that:

R.S Status: FreePlay/Members

new skins

to give it a runescap-ish look, here is one i have found:

Style 147

A lot like this Guild wars one - its look alright

Just something different form the normal topic buttons/skins.

;) i'll add more in later - my computer stuffing up

~Necro~

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Bigger avvys:

The current avvy should be moved up to 115 x 115 to accomdate better quality and res., this also allows to be able to put slighty bigger pictures.

This is also a good idea because, when you make it bigger more options are open to use.

I disagree. Avatars are quite fine enough as they are now. Bigger size = slower to load for the many people who still have dialup internet.

3 Pictures in sig:

Picture one: Goals

Picture 2: Stats

Picture 3: Anything

More text room: For the allowing of URL's to people stores. Links to Game pages thet made, Quotes, and/or homeworld etc.

You may put 3 images in your sig already, just keep them under the size restrictions. I also don't think the character limit needs raising - if you want to tell your life story, set up a website and link to that.

more Sub-forums

This would eliminate all confusion to which forum to post stats,screenshots,fakes and all other art/photos.

EG.

More Subforums:

----EG: The gallery

---------Subforums

----------------Screenshots

----------------Sigs avvys Etc.

----------------?fakes /or/ Real Life (sketches)

From examining the numbers on the mainpage, it does look like the media section could use splitting up, but not into too many. The mainpage is quite long enough already.

More Runescap-ish

Make the forums more runescap-ish by changing the:

reply, add new thread, new topic, hot topic, etc. and skins

new skins

to give it a runescap-ish look, here is one i have found:

Style 147

A lot like this Guild wars one - its look alright

Just something different form the normal topic buttons/skins.

Yes I agree - a custom site theme would be awesome. However, that first one has nothing to do with runescape at all. The second one is alright, but pesonally I really dislike themes with a fixed width. It looks really poor on high resolution screens.

>"Spotlighted" When go to to a forum -> post, you can spoltlight which bring it to the top in it own box or something for easy access
If I understand this correctly... couldn't you just bookmark it/add it to your favourites?

Down the side (under where live and posts), it should have:

Character/RSN(possibly 2 of them): when you click on it it take you to the RS Highscores

I like that. Should be a requirement for posting on the market boards. Might be difficult to verify though :s

The purpose of this board is to collaborate and gather ideas. Not that this case was too bad but please, keep an open mind. Also note to everyone - while users may say "no" to your ideas, that doesn't mean they aren't going to be looked at by the staff. I think almost all of Necro's ideas were good and I would like to see a lot of the implemented.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

Thanks guys - Do you think there is anyway i could elaborate on my ideas (to make them a little better to understand, also easier to read)

~Necro~

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

I edited the post

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Many of these suggestions aren't bad

Adding the runescape information into the poster info under thier name and avatar is the one I am actually most interested in adding , yes we do have a whole bunch of users that dont play runescape at all , or anymore , but everyone knows that 95% of our userbase is here for runescape related information and discussion.

Users who dont set the options in their profile just wouldnt have them displayed , easy enough. I'm not too sure on making it 'required' for posting in the market forums as that might just annoy people if they want to keep their rsn private.(mines pretty easy to guess lol)

I would most likely prefer it be limited to 1 character per user though ;)

---

Im a bit iffy on the avatar size , as cameron said it could just end up adding to load times , which I dont want , but we do want to allow our users a bit more room for personal expression etc , so the settings would have to be fine tuned. Most of our styles are based on subSilver which uses a 150 width table for that row of data, and I dont want to fill more then 75% of it with an avatar , so maybe 100x100 but if changed I'd be more geared to 90x90 . As avatars are uploaded and stored on our server , it would therefore increase our bandwidth slightly if the filesize was allowed to be bigger, this would have to be approved by the actual site owner , so this will take some time to get a final ruling.

---

3 pics in sig , see Bloovelds post on this forum for a more in depth discussion of sig limits

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=453949

---

Runescape ish styles , I've actually already begun the process of toying with a custom made style , as I've never really done this , you'll have to be patient as many other things take up my time and I'm relying on another persons help for images as i cant even draw stick people correctly. :P

---

Sub-forums , I'm personally not a big fan of them , but I could deal if the users wanted them , I know our forum list can be rather large and a pain to scroll for some people , but Ii would personally prefer that not every catagory had its forums in subs , the marketplace I wouldnt mind at all as they have more absolute specifics as to whats to be posted where.

---

By "spotlighted" posts , do you mean for everyone or just bookmarking posts for your own viewing? If you mean personal bookmarks I would support it I suppose but if it was global , thats what stickys are for :D

---

Just to note , when i say "i would prefer" this is me talking as a user , not as the admin who would implement the changes and do not reflect the opinions of other admins :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear