Estimates at the probable amount of people in RS

PURESMITHER

Most people estimate that that about 2 million people play runescape. Fine, but is that 2 million rl people or 2 million characters? Please correct me if it is 2 million people. Supposing it is 2 million charecters, I'd say most people have 2 or 3 charecters but here are a few who have lots of charecters (bots etc.). On these aerages I'd say that each rl person as about 5 accounts. 2,000,000/5 = 400,000. Could it be that only 400,000 rl people play Runscape... :?

Yes, I will try to get Duke_Freedom to look at this.

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.

It shouldn't be two million people since there is usually never more then 200+ thousand logged on at a time but many people have multi accounts which should bump it up to around two million accounts that is my guess

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

Nice triple topic, that's dandy.

and why don't you leave a message that is not spam and leave a decent post he could have been lagging

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

Yes, I will try to get Duke_Freedom to look at this.

:oops:

It's not like I know everything about everything. :P Things like these are pretty much just guesswork. ;)

Though if I assume *this is pretty accurate which it seems to be, and that, on average, there are 100K players online (don't know how reasonable that is, haven't played for quite a while)...

Then 100*24*7/21 = 800K individual players.

* = It says that the average mmorpg player spends 21 hours a week on the game - by the way, the whole site provides interesting data on mmorpg's in general, in case anyone got too much time on their hands to read a lot. :P

My edit button is better than yours. Too bad I like constructive posts and not utter spam. Consider yourself warned.

~Edited by DDA.

bvnqi3.jpg

At the moment i can't really see the full form of the muffin.

Ok, that's what I call spam... it's soooo annoying to read because i have to scroll so much....

I'd say about 1/3 of the rs population either: doesn't play another, is multi accounts, macroers, pures, etc...

So overall, 1.3 million normal accounts minus the people who don't even go on anymore...

I'd say 1-1.2 million actual people who still play on a normal basis

Was that really neccesary? Edited by DDA :roll:

Yes, since the only way to find out is guess work, you'd have to make an approximation here. I would say around 2 million registered accounts, with an average of 4 accounts per person, would give you around 500k Active users.

Sorry I triple posted, my comp said that I had posted to many posts, I tried again, to many and again and it worked. I went back to general and found that actually, all three had worked :oops:

Anyway on topic, if theres 200k online players then thats gotta be about 1 - 2k macorers?

Proud Legionairre of the 10th Legion of Kandarin.

Search for "The 10th Legion of Kandarin" on RSOF to join a small, friendly clan!

270 Quest Points and counting

Remember - In the gene pool, there is no life guard. :P

You're not getting my point. If you had an IQ above room temperature you would.