User's Vote-delete

Sometimes there isn't a moderator or administrator around, and someone's posting adults-only pictures, keylogging links, buying runescape gold etc.

All users can do is hopelessly watch and warn other users with posts on the topic. So i thought that there could be a "vote-delete" option to all users with over 100 posts (or none, the 100+ posts is just to stop people from makeing accounts and voteing).

How it works: Someone posts a bad topic that no one wants but him to be seen. So, a user will find a button somewhere on the page when you click the link. When the user presses it, he will be asked to confirm just for the people that accidently would press it.

There will be a vote, i guess you could call it, if the topic should be deleted or not. The topic creator and all his IP cannot vote. If the vote recieves enough "delete" options from users (one per IP is allowed of course, if possible to do, i dunno, i'm horrible at computers :wink: ) then the topic would automaticly delete itself (not permenatly, possibly into a new delete board) and the next few moderators/admins that login would be informed of the topic and they would handle accordingly.

There, of course will be those that abuse this system. So, to those that abuse the system (reporting perfectly fine topics) will be warned or banned from forums.

Lastly, this would be only for serious rule breakers at tip.it., for example if someone asks a question in General (which i hope you people don't do! :wink: ) then the topic should be left alone, and delt with by a moderator when he logs in. Also if there's someone spamming, then that wouldn't be a delete thing unless it were serious spam. this feature would be purely for the purpose of people posting adults only pictures, keyloggers, buying rs2 gold for cash etc. (just the serious offenders of rules).

Thanks for reading,

~Philip

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Opps :oops: Sorry

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

My post is a little off topic.

Why is there a "delete" option next to edit?

Here:

saveedit5ne.png

we cant delete our posts?

can we enable this?

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

Eh? I don't get what you mean...

My post is a little off topic.

Why is there a "delete" option next to edit?

we cant delete our posts?

can we enable this?

Doesn't really make sense, do you mean "why isn't there a delete option next to edit?" the answer to that is that things aren't meant to be deleted. simple as that. Even moderators never delete posts into nothing, but just move posts to places where you're not allowed (unless your a mod of course :wink: ).

But that's mod stuff, you don't need to know and I'm not sure if your alowed to know details :? .

slayermask3.png

That "Here" thing was a mistake (for another post - Wrong TAB sorry)

BTW: Congrats on ur mod status

EDIT: look at picture

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Alright, thought it didn't have anything to do with the topic :)

Thanks, seems everywhere i go i seem to be congratulated, even in game :) (not saying it's a bad thing though :wink: )

~Philip

slayermask3.png

Alright, thought it didn't have anything to do with the topic :)

Thanks, seems everywhere i go i seem to be congratulated, even in game :) (not saying it's a bad thing though :wink: )

~Philip

I'm realy sorry i'f im spamming... but it is relivant, ins a way, the topic creator should beable to delete their post

NOTE:I'll stop now, i think i've spammed :opps: sorry

EDIT TO ZARGO: No it doesn't, thats just the report button

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

half_banner.gif

In my opinion it's not necessary. We already have the new report system running. It is supposed to help us a bit, so yet an other helping system is a bit abundant :P

More the better in my opinion :)

But for the new system to work there must be a global moderator (or local that controls the board) or administrator on at the time. I recall numerous occasions where i couldn't find a mod to get rid of the topic, that would be a perfect time for this to come into action.

~Philip

slayermask3.png

Well I think that its a good Ider at som point, but then again 100 posts is a little low if you ask me, cuz If I wanted to get 100 pos, then I can get it very east, by just replying to every thread I seen on this forum..

But els I like the ider :wink:

Sir Krohan- 138 - 2696 (2886)

Goals

Attack 112/120 || Strength 112/120 || Defence 112/120 || HP 114/120
Ranged 110/120 || Magic 104/120 || Prayer 103/120 || Slayer 114/120

All Skills 10127/27 || All Skills 102+ 25/27 || All skills 103+ 24/27
All Skills 10420/27 || All Skills 10513/27 || All skills 10611/27

288th to reach 85 Slayer & 144th to reach 90 Slayer

But for the new system to work there must be a global moderator (or local that controls the board) or administrator on at the time. I recall numerous occasions where i couldn't find a mod to get rid of the topic, that would be a perfect time for this to come into action.

~Philip

You never know if they're hidden ;)

Such situations are bound to happen. We can't monitor the boards 24/7.. And in my humble opinion (knowing some of the users) I'm not ready to give up that resonsability to the users.

Just my opinion.

Writing from school/work or just an other place :)

You never know if they're hidden ;)

Such situations are bound to happen. We can't monitor the boards 24/7.. And in my humble opinion (knowing some of the users) I'm not ready to give up that resonsability to the users.

Just my opinion.

Neither do you know if they're not hidden and not on :wink:

People abuseing this function will be punished, and it would be anounced if done so everyone would know the consequences (users are currently useing the new report function very well, actually :) )

and of course, if users were to over-abuse this then it would be taken of, don't want to ban too many users :P . Also, if users were to wrongly delete something, it would still be kept in a mod only board and could easily with 4 clicks or so be all back, just like new.

It all depends on the users, and seeing as there are bigger ways to stur up trouble i think this wouldn't be the first thing bad users will look at.

Well I think that its a good Ider at som point, but then again 100 posts is a little low if you ask me, cuz If I wanted to get 100 pos, then I can get it very east, by just replying to every thread I seen on this forum..

My idea is just a rough idea, so of course there could be changes :wink: . But you'd have to get 100 posts within a few minutes to vote on the poll and get past the IP restriction somehow. The only way to do that is ALOT of spam, which would be taken into consideration of a ban afterwards :P. Thing is, there are many users that only or nearly only read our forums and don't post. 100 posts for them would take a fair while (and that's also majority of users, I've been hyt'ed on runescape by people i don't know lots more times then by people i know)

slayermask3.png

The only times there are no mods/admins one is usually during quiet times. During these quiet times it would be difficult to get a specific number of "votes" required for a post to be removed anyway.

If you get what I mean? :)

sig2ho7.jpg

The only times there are no mods/admins one is usually during quiet times. During these quiet times it would be difficult to get a specific number of "votes" required for a post to be removed anyway.

If you get what I mean? :)

never thought of that :? maybe set the limit depending on how many peopl are on? but that would be too much fuss, i dunno :?

slayermask3.png

Sounds like it's all too complicated to me. I think you'd be better off selecting more people who are online during these quiet times (ie. people from obscure timezones) to be moderators. Of course though, selecting moderators is hard :-?

On the other hand, I had heard in the past that many staff members like to remain hidden from the online users list, but the new report post feature should hopefully alleviate that problem :)

if a thread gets one vote for "delete," then another option could be available for the thread to be kept. after 10 or 20 votes, a thread would need a majority of delete votes to be deleted.

would seem much better to find a greater number of mods though. i mod at a site with nearly 300 mods out of 150,000 users (but with less than half as many posts as tip.it has :?). of course it can be tough to find trustworthy people. perhaps mods could be placed into some kind of trainee program to find who's trustworthy?

i know i dont post often, but have been reading here for some time. HTH :)

-nat