How do you pronounce "melee"

Freshwacka

I have had this arguement heaps of times, I think it is mee-lee as it is spelt that way and it sounds better than me-lay.

And if you have played Super Smash Brothers Melee on Gamecube the guy says mee-lee when your turn it on.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to know how to correctly pronounce it. I didn't want to know how YOU pronounce it.

:lol: So, this thread is basically 5 pages of spam? Lol :lol:

Just because everyone's skulls are 5inches thick, I'll post it again :roll: .

I hardly think that general p2p forums should be used instead of a dictionary or the equivalent online. Over 5 pages of garbage because you couldn't type in dictionary.com or *gasp* grab one of themz big paper thingies called a book? :P

Seriously, though, this was a poor choice for a topic other than pointing out how many people don't grasp what they read and/or don't actually READ what they reply to. This thread needed a lock before page 2.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I pronounce it May-Lay, because that's how the Super Smash Brothers Melee announcer pronounces it.

;D

EDIT: Wow, had the same exact idea as the person above me. I swear I didn't read it beforehand.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+