I see this as a very serious issue...

Jagex tries to fix THE (autoers) problems by simply banning the autoing accounts, when they can just as easialy recreate another account in minutes and they are back on track autoing..

I think they should just simply tap our IP.address' and once you have a banned acc, they dont just ban the accoung but ban your IP address..

BUT they should only ban your IP on serious offenses like autoing because they are DESTROYING the game itself.. Not stuff like offensive language :P

~Liv_2_kill

I need to know if some other people feel the same way i do :? cause if so i'll bring it to Jagex' attention to the man :D

liv_2_kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

I'll tell you why it would not work. Most people have dynamic IPs, or use a router (many computers using the same IP). Dynamic IPs reset regularly.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

This has mentioned before and these are the biggest reasons for why ip-banning is not feasible:

1. Users of dial-up have a dynamic ip that is different every time you connect

2. If you have a static ip address (i.e. cable) you can call up your isp and have it changed very easily

3. Even if you don't have it changed, what if your very honest little brother wants to play, or you move out and the next kid wants to play? not fair at all.

EDIT: it appears toxic has beaten me by a few seconds, LOL.

This has mentioned before and these are the biggest reasons for why ip-banning is not feasible:

2. If you have a static ip address (i.e. cable) you can call up your isp and have it changed very easily

3. Even if you don't have it changed, what if your very honest little brother wants to play, or you move out and the next kid wants to play? not fair at all.

I agree, loads of people would get banned for no reason. So i don't think jagex will be doing this.

Member of Ruthless 25 may 2006 - present

Clan website:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Ruthless/index.php?

For all the reasons mentioned above me, yea, banning IP's is a bad idea.

I think that the best way is still to track down the atuoer's main and ban him. Autoing is a lot less fun when when you have no safe character. Eventually they'll pick up and leave (or possibly move to a different mmorpg).

Can't they contact the ISP provider and inform them that this IP is performing illegal actions?

And waste their time? Ofcourse not, they arent performing illegal actions anywhere, what the autoers are doing is completely legitimate but it isnt in the Runescape game, therefore ISP providers wont do anything about it and I can understand they wont do anything.

JAGeX is doing the best they can, dont underestimate their abilitys, something big is coming up soon as I remember reading somewhere.

HAHA very well put :) ya i guess you just beat down my idea pretty quick.. Just sorta thought it up quickly.. but seriously they have to try and do something about it...

The autoers are just drying up the game and ruining some big skills such as woodcutting and mining..

liv_2_kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

HAHA very well put :) ya i guess you just beat down my idea pretty quick.. Just sorta thought it up quickly.. but seriously they have to try and do something about it...

The autoers are just drying up the game and ruining some big skills such as woodcutting and mining..

But along the lines of what i was thinking was they can phone up the service provider and tell them they are preforming illegal actions.. Although the "brother" or "sister" would have to suffer at his or her actions...

They KNOW what they are doing wrong..

liv_2_kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

Liv_2_Kill.png

But along the lines of what i was thinking was they can phone up the service provider and tell them they are preforming illegal actions.. Although the "brother" or "sister" would have to suffer at his or her actions...

They KNOW what they are doing wrong..

autoers arnt performing illegal actions :roll: using a ghost mouse or any other program isnt illegal to use UNLESS! the program they use is illegal, but most arnt and are used in buisnesses to do things over and over... (like transfer files) macros are only illegal in RUNESCAPE, so they cant call the IP ppl and say something like "waaaa! can u not change these ppls IP address cause theyre breaking the rules of an online game!"

:roll:

If there is any confusion still, autoing is NOT against any state or federal law, it IS against Jagex rules. To use a rubbish analogy, when you use your hands in the game of football (soccer) it is not something you will be arrested for, but you may be removed from the game. Well its not quite the same, but you get the idea.

The phone company would not do anything about it even if they could, and Jagex are not going to employ another 200 people to talk to phone companies about peoples IP addresses.

For both these last points you should remember the internationality of this game, there are players from many countries and languages.

Jagex CAN track your IP address, they say so, and also when you log in it tells you where you last logged on. They say they use this information to ban other accounts which use this IP, though we cannot be sure how often this occurs.

In any case, what with dynamic IPs and the ease of changing an IP address this seems impractical as a solution to the problem.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

• 2 weeks later...
Jagex tries to fix THE (autoers) problems by simply banning the autoing accounts, when they can just as easialy recreate another account in minutes and they are back on track autoing..

I think they should just simply tap our IP.address' and once you have a banned acc, they dont just ban the accoung but ban your IP address..

BUT they should only ban your IP on serious offenses like autoing because they are DESTROYING the game itself.. Not stuff like offensive language :P

~Liv_2_kill

I need to know if some other people feel the same way i do :? cause if so i'll bring it to Jagex' attention to the man :D

Sounds like a plan when does it happen