Best Classic Rock song from 70's-80's?

GordanFreeman

Oh come on, that's nonsense. Sure, the 60's, 70's and 80's were good, just as the 90's. Every decade has got a few exceptionally good bands/solo artists that stand trough time, we've had them thirty years ago, and we've had them ten years ago. It's not like they didn't make bad music in the period from 1960 till 1989. I don't like that elitist attitude that you guys you've got; naming 10 famous bands from a thirty year period and acting like you're quite the expert. Not saying that I'm one, but this is ridiculous.

I think it's because the bands that get famous today are mainly bad.

Of course every decade has produced it's bunch of good artists, but today, most of the famous bands are crappy, while on the 70's the most known bands were the ones as good as Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple.

This way, if you aren't digging much deep for your music, it's easy to get great songs from the 60's 70's and 80's than on the 00's, because mainstream music got MUCH worst.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

^_^ i was also born in '92, and i ONLY listen to rock from 60's 70's and 80's...new stuff just isn't any good :lol: Saying that, i think that Over the Hills and Far Away is far better than Sairway to Heaven.

What do you guys actually know from that period? Apart from Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Queen and the other famous four you had on your list?

Probably much more than you think...

I mean, i don't JUST listen to mainstream bands from the time period, but i do listen to more than those. But, i think the reason we all do like them alot, is because htey have great music (something i can't say for mainstream bands today as apinagez said...)

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Meh, im not really a big fan of the 70's or 80's, the 90's are where its at for me. But there were a few good bands around in that time - Bowie was in his prime, the Jam were great, and the Stone Roses and the Smiths were around late 80's.