Purifying Essence

SaidinWoT

As many of us know, JAGeX split essence into a p2p version (pure essence), and a f2p version (rune essence), severly harming the economy. Pure Essence miners have constantly pushed the prices of Pure Essence up, and we are currently seeing it being sold at up to 85 gp per essence on RSO. Soon after, Oddfaery2 authored a tip.it times, addressing alternatives to Pure Essence. I'd like to propose a solution which would keep Pure Essence in the game, but allow free players to once again be part of its market, while not allowing autoers the ability to do so.

My solution is the ability to purify Rune Essence to make it Pure. This would logically be through some sort of minigame, or even a cooperative effort (such as the blast furnace). One way the game could work:

1. Go to the minigame location, you must enter a PIN code to enter

2. Deposit up to 500 Rune Essence into the Purifier (for lack of a better name)

2. Here it can split between two things: a solo effort, or a multi-person effort, or, perhaps, the capability to do both, just making it harder to do it solo. However, they would all follow the same basic starting steps of:

A. Upon deposit, the NPC who runs the minigame comes up, offering to give you a tutorial or allow you to skip it.

A way to deter autoers at this point: Have the chat involve three or more options, including "Yes please, I'd like a tutorial", "No thanks, I'd rather skip it", and "I'd like to leave", but have them placed in a random order each time.

If the autoer attempts to escape this dilemna by simply clicking in the main game box, he will be approached again, with the options in a different order, until finally he clicks. If he automatically clicks on, say, the top option, 2/3 of the time he will either be kicked out of the game (by choice) or put through an interactive tutorial, which requires him to actually do something.

I haven't figured out exactly how the game would work, but it would involve common sense on the part of the player. It would take time to purify essence, but not so much time that it is not worth it either. Likely how hard it would be would depend on how much essence was being purified, so you could purify very little essence at great ease, but the time it took wouldn't make it worth it for large amounts. Perhaps the minigame would be accessed by a quest that takes longer than autoers find it worth. Autoers could trade to their main accounts to do this game, but the goal of autoers, from what I can tell, is to get the essence sold as quickly as possible, not to hold onto tainted items for relatively long periods of time to change it into a more profitable form.

Please post constructive criticism, not flaming.

I will try to figure out exactly how the game could work, any suggestions are welcomed

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Sorry mate but this won't work. All those lines have a different amount on pixels. Bots can detect how many pixels are on a certain place and with that information they can click on the right option.

It was a nice try but at this time, JaGeX already beat autoers with their engine upgrade.

Ah, I see your point... didn't think about them counting pixels :o (I sure don't count them :wink: :oops: ) Thanks for pointing that out. Perhaps now that the engine has eliminated a majority of the autoers, they will try slowly reintergrating the essence... I sure hope so.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Sorry mate but this won't work. All those lines have a different amount on pixels. Bots can detect how many pixels are on a certain place and with that information they can click on the right option.

It was a nice try but at this time, JaGeX already beat autoers with their engine upgrade.

Bull. I still see plenty of autoers at willows and yews.

And also, they'll never beat those damn Asian gaming sweatshop workers.

I am a tree.

Nice idea, i wish all those autoers would stop ruining the point of runescape!

I know about my stats! I'm working on them right now!

(hey cool the word stats is a palindrome - a word that is the same when spelt backwards. I need a life lol :))

specsy1.png

good idea, about the pixel count thing, would it really matter? would they really do this if it took a large amount of time and people? Autoers go alone, not with other friends, and if they make more than one account and log them in, just make it like 7 so they can't.

Sounds good saidin.

Mabey the purifiying process could involve seperate steps that have to be completed fairly quickly after eachother. Like the blast furnace. Mabey a level requirement say 30 runecrafting or something like that to actually get in the door. Or take several skills like the blast furnace again, (agility smithing etc.)

Other wise I like it.

Added comment ~ Jagex could make the words diffrent each time like

"Go into the purifying place"

or "Enter the room"

Just randomly change them up.