The Miscellanian Formula - Discussion

PMega

Note: Thanks to bambino for pointing out the best forum to put this in! :wink:

I'm researching - well, not a formula per se - but an analysis of the rewards of using Miscellanian resources to full advantage. I was just wondering if anyone was A) interested in my project, or B) willing to help me with it.

Here's what I did:

1. I have completed both Throne of Miscellania and Royal Trouble.

2. I have put 100,000 coins into the coffers (exactly!)

3. My favor is 100%.

4. To avoid (for now) getting bonus resources from putting all labor into one resource, I put 50% of max (or 5 clicks) in each of three areas: flax, rare logs (teak), and coal. (Idle is 150% of an area, or 15 clicks).

5. Now all I do now is wait for tomorrow to collect my resources, and I'll see what numbers I get! (I hope they're nice round numbers Laughing )

If anyone wants to help me set up a similar experiment, please do so. Follow my exact steps. Put 100,000 (exactly) into coffers and get 100% favor. Resources you might want to experiment with are raw fish (5 clicks), maples (5 clicks), and mahogany (5 clicks). Thanks for helping!

Finally, if a Tip.It staff finds my project interesting, all I ask in return for whatever help this research provides is to let me write a Miscellania Kingdom guide for the site. Very Happy (You don't have one yet, y'know.)

Hope you guys find this a cool project, and thanks for looking!

OK, I finished my first experiment (detailed above) and got these results:

100K (10K spent)

100% favor

5C Coal - 36

5C Flax - 83

5C Teak - 20

"C" refers to the number of "clicks" put into the resource.

So far a formula I have put together and tested on only 1 type of resource (so it's probably incorrect) is below.

# = r x K x % x C

#: Number of the resource received IN A DAY at the given conditions (note that the next day the K amount will be lower so the # WILL change!)

r: Resource constant - different for each resource depending on its value (for example, flax's is large while herb's is small)

K: Amount in coffers (NOT amount paid), in K

%: Percent favor, in decimal form

C: Number of clicks put into the resource divided by 10 (5 clicks = .5)

Note on C: I plugged in an earlier, unrecorded result to try and get an approximation for the bonus for 10 clicks (I haven't yet tried 8 or 9) and it seems if you put in 10 clicks the formula counts it as 17.5 instead. (So C becomes 1.75). Again, this is VERY IMPRECISE and is, in fact, probably nowhere close to reality.

This is what I've got so far. Here is a list of the resource constants I have:

Flax = 1.66

Coal = .72

Teak = .4

Again, I stress that it's almost guaranteed that none of this is accurate, and it may be even completely incorrect. That is why I hope some more richer members of Tip.It could help out with my project.

Simply follow my above protocol (you don't even need to set it to 100K if you don't want to, 1000K if you can is good too) and just record the clicks, coffer amount, % favor, and # of each resource you receive in a day. Then I can write out numerous formula theories, and you can help me test them out for accuracy.

Obviously since I only have one P2P account and I can only perform this experiment once a day, help would be vastly appreciated if we're going to get a guide and/or profit-skill-whatever calculator up in, oh, the next 10 years. :roll: More is better because then we'll get more results faster. Thanks a lot for reading this *long long long* article, and I sincerely hope you help out! :D

why 100k do 750k to get the max amount 100k will only take out 10k

Well, actually the maximum is 7.5 million gp. Then you take out 750K a day. However, I am not really that rich, just smart and good at finding formulas. :roll: I do not have 7.5 mill.

That is why I need help from richer people who are willing to spend more money for the sake of research (actually, you'll probably make a profit anyways, so it's not like it's really a sacrifice).

Thanks for your comment; I appreciate it. It's just that I don't have enough to spend, which is partly why I need help. (The other issue is, again, timeliness... I can only experiment once a day! But if 9 people help me, then we can experiment 10 times a day!)

EDIT (To avoid triple-posting, I'm just editing this post to state something I forgot): I am currently resetting my coffers and everything; I have the same variables as yesterday, except my clicks are now 5 into raw fish, 5 into mahogany, and 5 into maples.

why 100k do 750k to get the max amount 100k will only take out 10k

Well, actually the maximum is 7.5 million gp. Then you take out 750K a day. However, I am not really that rich, just smart and good at finding formulas. :roll: I do not have 7.5 mill.

Just to correct you, it maxes out at 75k taked out per day.

I thought somebody already figured this out? Or was that only for the max take-out?

Nope, definitely the max you can put in your coffers is 7.5 mil GP, so the max amount taken out is definitely 750K. It says so right on the website!!

Bump.

Apparently you didn't read far enough. The Article says the maximum you can put into your coffers is 7.5 million gold. But it will only take a MAXIMUM of 75k if you have more than 750k in your coffer. It's there right beneath the distribution image. See for yourself.

The maximum amount you can put in the coffers is indeed 7.5M but the game will only take out 75K maximum per day.

So basically the amount of money taken out is 10% of what's in the coffers with a maximum of 75k.

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

I did all this the week it was out. Check the Royal Trouble article in website update forums to see the results. Here's the cost per item though

~~Using 100% approval, expect the cost of your investment to be~~

Coal - 91.6 each

Flax - 40 each

Tuna/Swords - 56.8, 189.4 each (10 to 3 ratio)

Maple - 56.1 each

Teak - 166.1 each

Mohagany - 224.6 each

Teak/Mohagany combo - 191.3 each (1 to 1 ratio)

Unid Herbs - 826.4 each

~~Bonuses~~

Mining - 1 gem ever 150 coal

Woodcutting - 1 nest every 100 maple

Fishing - 1 item every 100 fish

Flax - 1 herb seed every 600 flax

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

What about seeds? And is there a difference between raw/cooked fish?

EDIT: What do you mean by an item per 100 fish? And do you have to collect 100 fish/ # items at a time to get bonuses? Say, if you collected 40 fish one day, 40 fish the next, 40 fish the next, you wouldn't get a bonus?

EDIT: What do you mean by an item per 100 fish? And do you have to collect 100 fish/ # items at a time to get bonuses? Say, if you collected 40 fish one day, 40 fish the next, 40 fish the next, you wouldn't get a bonus?

I think the item per 100 fish is an average of random events. If you got 40 fish per day for 10 days then you should expect to get 4 items.

Hey nuke, how much did you put in your coffers and how many trials (days) did you perform? I just finished the quest the other day and decided to see how the starting 10k would do. My prices differed, but they are likely incorrect due to the small size of the sample set.

I'm tryin again with 100k in the coffers. If a number of people do this w/ a 100% rating, at least 100k in the coffers and labor distributed by at least 5 clicks to all materials gathered, then we can calculate prices with relatively high precision. Anybody who wants to help should follow Pmega's instructions listed above. Just make sure to post the amount withdrawn from your coffers, how many clicks you alloted to each resource, and what you recieved from the workers.

Barrows Items: Karils Xbow x2, Coif

http://www.lost.eu/ce01

I put 5 mill in the coffers, let it go for 10 days.

My plices were based on input from many players though. They're not completely precise, but good enough for what you intend to do.

I'm investing in maples and flax. As flax sells for 100 gp in forums, and cost 40 each from MTK, it's an easy profit. Maples sell well to fletchers, so easy profit there, in addition to the seeds that can be profitable.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit