76-85 mining~ My old main... Should I do it?

X_Dr_X_1337

I have an old main, and when I say old, I mean RSC... Now I was wondering, Should I train my mining from 76(current) to 85 for rune mining. I figured it will take around 55k iron to do so... How fast can iron be mined? It would be very nice to have a rune miner you know

:lol:

|Goals:

|Mining lvl 80 }-----\

|Crafting lvl 84 }----|>All From 61k Silver

|Smithling lvl 72}--/

|_________________________________|

Can I ask you why?

In members, runecrafting makes more profit then rune mining.

In f2p, a decent merchanter can get more money from 1 deal than mining gives you in 1 hour.

If you want to try it, you can do it in 2 weeks if you play a lot, i did it in 2 months, but i'm a lazy trainer :D

signature4s.jpg

Hmm, I am not really in it for the cash :D It would be like a challenge to my self how fast I can train my mining to 85... Always been a goal for me. anyways, hopefully I can get it done fast and right away.

|Goals:

|Mining lvl 80 }-----\

|Smithling lvl 72}--/

Can I ask you why?

In members, runecrafting makes more profit then rune mining.

In f2p, a decent merchanter can get more money from 1 deal than mining gives you in 1 hour.

If you want to try it, you can do it in 2 weeks if you play a lot, i did it in 2 months, but i'm a lazy trainer :D

It's about pride and prestige. Why do people get 99 firemaking after 75 when they can burn magics (the height of Firemaking right there)? He's picking up something where he left off and wants to complete a long standing goal.

I say go for it. The best way to power mine would be to get a few newbies to be your pseudo-runners. When you get a full load they run off and bank their free irons and come back. If they leave you can always drop them. Mining iron is extremely fast but it's even faster if you head to a crowded world the respawn times are fastest there. Go for Scorpion Mines, three rocks, constant clicking.

Alrighty, thanks for the confidence :D I think I will check al kharid out, I will definetly powermine. Once I get 85, I will probably start coal mining and rune mining and then... Give it to my new main/pker guy. Thanks for the inspiriation !!!! :D

|Goals:

|Mining lvl 80 }-----\

|Smithling lvl 72}--/

Alrighty, thanks for the confidence :D I think I will check al kharid out, I will definetly powermine. Once I get 85, I will probably start coal mining and rune mining and then... Give it to my new main/pker guy. Thanks for the inspiriation !!!! :D

i dont think you should do it b/c jagex does check multiple account transfers and i have heard of people getting perm banned for this. And no offense, but i HATE powerminers wasting all the precious ores and hogging the good mining spots for hours. but i mine and bank the ores. i dont pick them up from the ground. instead, you could trade the ores, its faster than dropping.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

al-kharid is the way to go. There will actually be fewer powerminers on free worlds than members worlds, so just pick one that's crowded and go to it. You can max out mining exp at 36k per hour - you can actually do it at a 40k per hour pace, but I've found that misclicks and randoms drain you down to 36k experience per hour. You need roughly 2 million more mining exp, so it will take you a little over 50 hours of game time.

And rune mining in members can be more profitable than runecrafting, if you have the tenacity and know how to do it properly.

go in world 1 or 3 and dont mine till full inventory just do this

mine, mine ,mine, drop, drop, drop, turn, start mining again

that way is faster then mining till full inv and gl with the 85 mining :wink:

If you've done the lost tribe quest (it's easy anyway) you can powermine iron in the mines under lumbridge and sell the iron to a dwarf, the price isn't great but it saves dropping time or paying runners.

Like phata said, granite is good. N0valyfe gave it as a tip on his website a while back.

df

iratebadger.png