is prayer worth it?

yan_dawg

I think so. You will probably want prayer in the wild against other people who will be using it. It's definately worth getting the protect spells. I have done a lot of mage pking in f2p and meleers can hit pretty well on our f2p mage outfits so its nice to have protect from melee. Archers also hit well, but there arnt too many of them.

lope6jw0.jpg

Depends on your level range. If you are in the -30's, then no. If you are above, then protect from melle might be a good idea. Bear in mind though, that every few fights you will ahve to go to an alter.

Btw, wrong forum. This goes in Graveyard Discussion.

I recommend against it (although the protect item is not a bad concept).

Prayer bumps your level up quite a bit, and you end up fighting people with way higher combat skills than you.

Keep in mind that the protect prayers only protect 50% of damage from other players, unlike the full protection you get from NPCs. So prayer won't save your bacon in the wildy, much.

If you want to do quests and don't wildy much, I'd recommend 43 prayer. But if you are making a PKer, I'd suggest avoiding it. Most PKers seem to follow this method.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

In my opinion, you should not train prayer. My prayer is still 1/1 and I am pretty good at pking. Also, if you never knew, when pure mage, or range, keep your Defence level at 1/1 as well. :) I was pure mage up until 65 mage, then I did the defence thing since I was loaded on cash, but my prayer is still 1/1 and I am thankful that I chose to keep it that way. :D

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Btw, wrong forum. This goes in Graveyard Discussion.

no, its help.

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

On a F2P mage, probably not....

Protect item (skulled) will probably save your staff - 1500 to replace - big deal, you can make that back in 1 world 16 air run.

There are no usable attacking prayers for a mage, so the only real power comes from protects, though they are only 50% against players. The other drawback is that it runs down.

To be underestimated, remember that while the blue Wiz hat is better than the black, the tops are equal, so while the the full blue mage (hat/top) with useless blue skirt looks the part, the ragtag appearance of blue hat, black top, chaps nakes you look less like a true blue mage.

Another thing I'm trying, is 20 ranged and the studded chaps...

While they have a -5 attack penalty, the defence stats are good - possibly equal or better than using plain chaps or nothing and a power ammy (the latter being a total of +21 attack instead of 20, weaker defence and a lot more expensive).

Of course, if you have perfect cover, then remove the studded chaps for maximum attack.