Help with Evil Dave please!

Zee

I've done all the quests needed to do Evil Dave part of Recipe for Disaster, but Dave won't tell me what he ate. My character gives up trying to explain what's going on.

Do I have to save the characters in the quest in the order they are listed or am I doing something else wrong?

he ate an evil stew, what you have to do is get your cat and start eating the rats in the room dave is in, and try each colour spice on a stew and talk to him, he will tell you what spice is right or wrong, there are 4 coloured spices.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

did you get him to tell you that he ate an evil stew? if not, just try every dialogue option and he will eventually tell you that.

if he did, talk to her mother upstairs, she will tell you that all rats ate the spices, and off you go.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

check your ingame quest guide - sometimes it indicates what the next step should be.

I did this part of the quest already, but all I remember is following Tip.It's quest guide exactly.

If you get totally desperate and run out of ideas, you might backtrack to Lumbridge castle and just kind of "run through" it all again ... ? (not saying this is the best idea, just a thought)

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem. I have tried all the differant chat options and gone back to the castle several times nothing seems to work :(

sn: sobermidget

Bad lucky in Runescape is the real life equivilent to being hit by a car, struck by lighting and abducted by aliens all at the same time.

"The strong rule the weak but the wise rule the strong."

if he did, talk to her mother upstairs, she will tell you that all rats ate the spices, and off you go.
1. Did you both talk to the mother upstairs?

2. What does your ingame quest guide say?

We really want to help you solve this - then we can upgrade the guide and other questers won't get into such difficulties.

Please let us know!!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 5 years later...

Did you ever find out how to finish the quest? ..I'm having the same problem ._.

Hello there,

Welcome to Tip.It :)

If you are having a problem with a quest or other activity to do with RuneScape do not hesitate to make a topic here, in Help & Advice; however, we request that you do not bump extremely old threads (like this one) without really contributing towards the topic. Due to this reason I have locked this topic.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me :)

~Ezk.

Trainee Mod.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D