Iron ore or ess F2P, whats better to mine ???

kai4321

I need to make money and quite a bit of it and I want to know what is better to mine. I know iron ore is more but im f2p and its quite hard to get it. Essence on other hand is easy to get but worth less. What would I get more money out of in the long run. I am 46 mining btw. Also how much is ess now cause of pure ess and stuff?

It really depends on your mining level and I'm sorry I can't give you a precise answer. I suggest you time yourself: how long does it take to get a full load of essence to the bank and how long for a full load of iron. Maybe do several runs to get an average.

Then it's simple. Iron ore sell for 100ea, normal essence for like 20ea (to verify). So if you mine a load of iron faster than 5 loads of essence (which I think is the case), iron is the way to go. Moreover, iron gives more xp than essence, so take that too into account.

Hope this helps

103 combat | 1M+ xp in each skill (lvl73) | 1800+ skill total | quest cape

Level 86 herblore, 85 farming

Iron, if you find yourself at a deserted mine (or at least a place where you will not have to fight over rocks) will be faster than ess. Popular places to mine it are at the Mine to the south of varrock, and Al-karid mine.

People even drop iron if they are power mining so sometimes you can get even faster than you would if you were mining it yourself.

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png

Thats exactly what I am doing. I am timing myself. I do think that for 46 mining essence is better for me but yes i don't know. I will give results in a while.

I can get a full load of essence in 1:20-1:40 mins

I can get a full load of iron in 4:00 mins

28 x 100= 2800gp

28 x 20 = 560gp

560gp x 5 = 2800gp

So ... If I mine iron I will get approx. 2800gp every 4/5 minutes.

If I mine essence I will get approx. 2800gp every 8 mins.

So in theory mining iron is better than mining essence.

iron is better for expierence and money and is used for smithing

but ess is easier to mine and can still be sold (dependent on f2p or p2p

and ess can be used for rune crafting

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)