PLease lock

speedofsound

I recentley got Gimp( a few days ago). I have been playing around with it and finnaley came up with something I like so I though I'd post it here.*note* Its not really a abstract because I was just messing with filters.

I was going to use some burshes I got from devianart. I downloaded them but now I don't know how to install them on Gimp.

I know there is a lack of text, but I just can't seem to get it right, it always loks choppy and generaly bad Confused

So here it is without text

C/c how I can improve?( I know theres probaley a million things I could do better) :P

myfirstgimp1ua.png

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

tis alright, unfortunantyl i can't help u with your brushes probelm, i aint got gimp :?

i suggest you use the colours that are in the render, and the render isn't the best quality either. Next time, try and blend the render into the bg, its much easier with brushes.

Nice work for youre first.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I'll read some more tutorials on pixel2life :D

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

About the brushes, make sure they are gimp brushes... If you know for a fact that they are gimp brushes, then send them to the folder: C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\brushes Then they should work...

About the sig, it gets a bit to bright in some areas and the render doesn't blend into the bg very well... You'll probably do better once you get those brushes installed.

I was just messing with the filter this time, I'll try to get the brushes in, and your right the render doens't belnd so well :-k

please lock this topic....I shouldn't of posted this....I'll check out some tutorials and brushes...get a better render and have it blend :D