Mini Game: Pyramid Plunder

Just two minor errors I noticed...nothing big...

The guide states that the mummies that come out of the sarcophagi are level 86 combat when they are really level 84.

And...a small spelling error that probably doesn't matter all that much...but, "Jaldraocht" (the correct spelling) is spelled "Jaldroacht" in the guide under the "Pharaoh's Sceptre" section. So just switch the "o" and the "a". (No clue how I noticed that :? )

pyramidplunderpic1sp5.png

77 Combat || 1620+ Skill Total || Owner of Fire Cape

Another tip, is if you aren't using the sceptre to tele back and forth to sell your trinkets, you can use the old entrance you used for Itchlarins Little Helper. On the east side of Sophanem, there is a hole in the wall, that takes you back to the starting point of the original quest, just north of the agility pyramid entrance.

It seems a lot faster than running back and forth, and also by-passes the repetitive gate dialogue

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

A small correction to the guide page:

The sceptre isn't really tradeable at Simon Templeton. I'm a happy new owner of the sceptre, and I tried to sell my goods to him as usual, having the new sceptre in the inventory too. Simon Simpleton... eh, Templeton... indeed offered me 100 coins and after that there was a debate between us whether the sceptre was a fake or not, but there wasn't actually an option to really trade it for coins.

Also, I've heard from many pretty confident sources that the sceptre can also be obtained from the urns. I myself got it from the grand gold chest in room 2. Personally I believe that the chances for obtaining it from urns is only way lower.

By the way, I gained almost 5 millions exp (from level 82 to almost 91 now) before I got the sceptre. Always looked through the seven gold chests and all the urns in room 7 + some urns in room 6.

EDIT: Also found out, that as the sarcophagi don't give thieving exp, they give strength exp. Noticed this because I got a strength level-up in room 8 when opening the sarcophagus.

The sceptre isn't really tradeable at Simon Templeton. I'm a happy new owner of the sceptre, and I tried to sell my goods to him as usual, having the new sceptre in the inventory too. Simon Simpleton... eh, Templeton... indeed offered me 100 coins and after that there was a debate between us whether the sceptre was a fake or not, but there wasn't actually an option to really trade it for coins.
Hey, that's good to know. I was worried someone might accidentally sell theirs.

EDIT: Also found out, that as the sarcophagi don't give thieving exp, they give strength exp. Noticed this because I got a strength level-up in room 8 when opening the sarcophagus.
Wow, now that's VERY interesting!! We need someone to check and confirm this - anyone who can, please get some xp values so we can get this into the guide!!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Wow, now that's VERY interesting!! We need someone to check and confirm this - anyone who can, please get some xp values so we can get this into the guide!!

I'll do it. Just found my another sceptre from the room 8 sarcophagus. This took less than 1 mill exp, whereas the first one took me about 4 mills :)

I'll post later today when I've checked strength experience from every room.

OK, all rooms tested. I'll double-check it again and will correct if I find errors.

So, strength experiences from the sarcophagi as follows:

Room 1: 20

Room 2: 30

Room 3: 50

Room 4: 70

Room 5: 100

Room 6: 150

Room 7: 225

Room 8: 275

I would also like to confirm some rumours false:

1. You can find another sceptre even if you've found one and have it with you. Speaking to Tarek or Guardian Mummy not necessary.

2. You don't need free inventory space to get a sceptre. It drops to the ground like any other artefact.

And as Soul_Tar pointed out, the correct spelling of Desert Treasure pyramid is Jaldraocht. And it's Pharoah's sceptre, not Pharaoh's. Not sure if this is a typo of Jagex since the correct spelling would of course be Pharaoh. Perhaps Jagex don't want to copy real world too much. :?

The form Pharoah appears in several other places in the game, too.

Just a little bit of a tip. You should always check the sarcophagus first. When searching the chest, you may get the swarm bugs as a trap. If they appear, they will be aggressive to the point where you can't check the sarcophagus. If you check the sarcophagus first, you will still be able to check the chest even if you get a swarm/zombie.

Edit: BTW, i got the Scepter on floor 5 in the sarcophagus after about 12k exp and ~20 minutes

A good thing to add would be to bring a ring of life. I had one on me luckily, because I got stuck between a mummy and a swarm a scarabs. I could exit the glowing door AND I couldn't pass the speartrap. I was pretty happy to end up in Falador with a complete inventory, seeing that I just got my second sceptre :o

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

• 2 weeks later...

It might be worth noting that picklocking the doors on the outside of the pyramid give 20xp.

Oh and I'll have a look into that strength xp from sarcophagi.

EDIT: I have got some strength xp info on the sarcophagi, I only have 77 thieving so I can't do the last 2 rooms.

Room 1 - 0xp

Room 2 - 30xp

Room 3 - 50xp

Room 4 - 70xp

Room 5 - 100xp

Room 6 - 200xp

Room 7 - N/A

Room 8 - N/A

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.