~192 MIL xp in 42.5 hours -or- lvl 99 cooking in 5.5 hours?

RAHK

EDIT - I haven't been able to stay logged in (for more than a few seconds) so I haven't been able to test this. Since (from what I have read) it cooks each pie individually the speed difference is nonexistent when compared to rogue's den. Meh, all this work for nothing. I wanna log in, Jagex!!!! :cry: :oops: :boohoo:

EDIT#2: I know that nobody has raw pies on hand. I was assuming that this spell would CREATE a demand and therefore entice suppliers. This couldn't happen THIS week obviously but after a month of f2pers cranking out apple pie it might be a possibility.

Want 200mil xp? Read the Blue.

"Only" want level 99? Read the Red.

I am not a fan of dropping names but this topic SCREAMS the 3rd, 4th, and 5th maxed out player's names (The top two already have 200mil cooking xp...hmm).

Here is the plan:

Start at 95 cooking (one of the easiest skills to max out)

Buy RAW Summer pie (LOADS of it. Calculations do not include purchasing time since it is WAY too variable to give an accurate estimate)

Do the new quest

Equip a water staff (fire are much cheaper than waters)

Put about 28.3k Astral and Fire runes in your inventory

Withdraw and cast "Bake Pie"

Deposit and repeat previous step

Now let's do the math:

260 Xp per Summer pie (assuming that the spell does not allow burning)

X

26 Available inventory slots that aren't filled with runes

=

6,760 Cooking xp per cast

Let's say it takes 5 seconds to cast the spell and withdraw/deposit all.

60 Seconds in a minute

/

5 Seconds per cast/bank

=

12 Casts per minute

X

60 Minutes in an hour

=

720 Casts per hour

X

6,760 Cooking xp per cast (from above)

=

4,867,200 Cooking xp per HOUR

Let's say you only average 4.5mil cooking xp per hour.

200,000,000 Max xp possible for a skill

-

8,771,558 Xp at 95 cooking

=

191,228,442 Xp needed for MAX xp

/

4,500,000 Estimated average xp per hour

=

42.5 Hours needed

So, using a relatively conservative estimate, it takes about a regular work week to get the MAX possible xp in cooking. This normally takes many weeks or months. At 666 casts per hour (using the 4.5mil xp per hour rate) that is only about 28.3k casts needed (~736k mage xp also, lol)

Yes, I understand that if the spell does not cook perfectly then the speed will be reduced greatly but even at HALF the speed (burning 50%) it is still only 2 work-weeks. I can't get on to test this so feel free to help me out here (keep getting booted).

Yes, I understand that pies are a HUGE hassle to make and buy. Jagex had the foresight to realize that doing this with sharks would result in many 99ers within hours of release.

Yes, I understand that the cost would be HUGE. Using relatively high estimates you could assume that it would cost around 1.47BIL if you value fire runes at 15 ea and astrals at 100 ea (no set price yet but the rune total cost is a negligible 3.25mil) and the ~735k summer pies needed at 2k ea (no real set price but 2k sounds fair). If you can sell the pies (which heal 22 in two bites) back for only half that, that makes the cost around 735mil (which is not a bank breaker for those phat set toting runescapers.)

The ingredients are fairly easily obtained from others; strawberries and watermelon which are both farmable (and usually kept not thrown away), apples (bought from Lumby chest), and finally pastry dough and pie tins (easily obtained in your poh). A single 95+ cook could pump out hundreds of pies and hour if he bought the materials and could then sell the raw pies to the rich skiller for a tidy profit.

Sooooooooooo.... if you want say "Uloveme" to pass "N0valife" and be within spitting distance of "Zezima" (blech names but oh well) then gather some of these ingredients, donate/sell them to 95+ cooks or make some summer pies, and donate/sell them to "Uloveme" or other rich skillers.

For those of us who aren't insanely rich I would like to point out that the FAR more attainable and lower req.ed APPLE PIE is exactly HALF the xp of a Summer Pie; and only requires lvl 30 cooking. Heck, I should have used that to calc everything since they are much more likely to be used but meh, I'll do a quick one now:

130 (xp per pie)

X

26 (slots free for pie)

=

3,380 (xp per cast)

X

720 (casts per hour)

=

2,433,600 (xp per hour)

13,021,068 (xp needed for 99 cooking from 30)

/

2,433,600 (xp per hour)

=

5 hours 21 minutes and 1.9 seconds :XD: Yeah, you read that right. Go from 30 to 99 cooking in less than 5 1/2 hours. Let's say that apple pies (rune cost is only around 437k) are made and sold strictly for fast skilling at 100 ea (since so many people (f2p anyone?) can make them) that is only 10.5mil gp for a lvl 99 skill from lvl 30 in a little over 5 hours.

NOTE: Since they are nearly worthless you don't really get any cash back for cooking them so you only get the xp (13+mil cooking xp and about 100k mage xp).

SOOOOO, get "Bake Pie"-ing or making and selling apple/summer pies people! Too bad this will hammer raw prices for lobs/sharks etc. back to where they belong; below cooked prices (since nearly all other "finished goods" (yew longs, nature runes, etc.) are worth more than their ingredients).

Feel free to poke holes in my theories and math! I love constructive criticisim! :XD: Heck, comment on how you think this will effect things if you like. :wink:

Edit: Noticed that I didn't use the correct amount of fires in calculating but their price is negligable.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

ZOMG I am doing that last one right now. 76 cooking to 99 will be faster too, huh... Wow 99 Cooking in like 4 ish hours

Great ideas, but doesn't this require a TON of raw apple pies? I've never seen anyone selling that many. Let me do some math of my own:

I have:

1,336,443 exp (exactly level 76 cooking)

I need:

11,697,988 for 99

If your math is correct (which I believe it is) then

At 2,433,600 xp per hour, I need:

4.8 hours.

The only hard part will be buying 88k raw apple pies. Who on f2p keeps raw pies anyways? They have such limited space, they probably use it all for cooked ones.

You act like the game community is like the stinking bowels of hell.... In all reality.. its much.. much... worse.

untitled6kv7.gif

If i could get ahold of Apple Pies, I'd be doing it Right now :twisted:

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

ZOMG I am doing that last one right now. 76 cooking to 99 will be faster too, huh... Wow 99 Cooking in like 4 ish hours

Great ideas, but doesn't this require a TON of raw apple pies? I've never seen anyone selling that many. Let me do some math of my own:

I have:

1,336,443 exp (exactly level 76 cooking)

I need:

11,697,988 for 99

If your math is correct (which I believe it is) then

At 2,433,600 xp per hour, I need:

4.8 hours.

The only hard part will be buying 88k raw apple pies. Who on f2p keeps raw pies anyways? They have such limited space, they probably use it all for cooked ones.

Firstly, read the part I edited in at the very top. :cry:

Secondly, I would assume that this spell (had it worked the way I thought) would CREATE a demand for raw apple pies and therefore entice suppliers.

Thirdly, members who have done RFD can purchase 50 apples, 50 pie pans, and 10 flours per world hop... with the bank right underneath them.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

God, I feel guilty getting everybody's hopes up. I can't test this, yet. If somebody can confirm that each pie cooks individually as opposed to all at once this needs to be locked. :oops: Seriously sorry people if that is the case.

Me = :^o ?

RahkUrWrld.png

God, I feel guilty getting everybody's hopes up. I can't test this, yet. If somebody can confirm that each pie cooks individually as opposed to all at once? If so, this needs to be locked. :oops: Seriously sorry people if that is the case.

Confirm - Individual cooking.

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

God, I feel guilty getting everybody's hopes up. I can't test this, yet. If somebody can confirm that each pie cooks individually as opposed to all at once? If so, this needs to be locked. :oops: Seriously sorry people if that is the case.

Confirm - Needs a lock.

Thanks for confirming and I will report my own post to get this locked. Sorry again. :cry:

RahkUrWrld.png

So What? Just get clicking? HeHe

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

So What? Just get clicking? HeHe

The whole bonus to this method was the assumption that you could cook 26 pies simultaneously. Since they cook individually it is no more effective (in fact less since they are hard to come by) than using cook-x. Sorry again. :oops:

RahkUrWrld.png