What all do I need to program the ds?

superdumb6

Ok, I have a nintendo ds, not a ds lite so I can use passkey hack, I have a computer, and a good understanding of C++ programming language. What else do I need to get the files to my ds, becuz all ive found so far was a thing that cost 150 bucks, and Im not willing to pay 150 bucks just to make html documents on my ds. Oh and if you're confused, I was just gonna put my text editing program I made on my ds so I can work on html and c++ documents on the go, besides buying a 500 dollar pocket pc. Thank you, and only post if you have succesfully transfered files to the nintendo ds yourself, using the method you posted. Byes

siggievroom.gif

siggiez.gif

Thank you everybody for rising up against macroing!!!

Ok, a DS or even a pocket PC is a really stupid idea for devving on the go...

Just suck it up and get a laptop, because productivity with a DS would be so horribly slow and you wouldn't be able to test all the browsers for your HTML and I can't imagine any Cpp programs being very zippy... And surely, being a programmer, you know a thing or two about efficiency? :)

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Ok, I have a nintendo ds, not a ds lite so I can use passkey hack, I have a computer, and a good understanding of C++ programming language. What else do I need to get the files to my ds, becuz all ive found so far was a thing that cost 150 bucks, and Im not willing to pay 150 bucks just to make html documents on my ds. Oh and if you're confused, I was just gonna put my text editing program I made on my ds so I can work on html and c++ documents on the go, besides buying a 500 dollar pocket pc. Thank you, and only post if you have succesfully transfered files to the nintendo ds yourself, using the method you posted. Byes

Trying to code on a DS is like trying to do your calc homework without a calculator. Do'able, but a massive waste of time. If you really needed to write code on the go, you'd be shelling out the $500 for a laptop so you weren't using a stylus to poke at each character.

dude i'm not going to carry a laptop into the frikin resturaunt you smart-a.

And why the heck would I spend 500 frikin dollars on a laptop to type out a website or make an app? And thanks to the kid who recomended dslinux. Also, yes efficiency is great but I don't mind having to type slow, rather than not typing at all, or typing on a laptop in a resturaunt while I try to eat.

siggievroom.gif

siggiez.gif

dude i'm not going to carry a laptop into the frikin resturaunt you smart-a.

And why the heck would I spend 500 frikin dollars on a laptop to type out a website or make an app? And thanks to the kid who recomended dslinux. Also, yes efficiency is great but I don't mind having to type slow, rather than not typing at all, or typing on a laptop in a resturaunt while I try to eat.

You do realize typing on a DS is even more awkard than typing on a laptop while you eat... Anyways, restaurants are for eating and talking, not coding. If you want to go coding, do it in a coffeeplace and with a laptop ;)

smithie3.jpg

Thank you for your suggestion and yes its awkward typing on the ds but how the heck am I gonna buy a laptop? I am too young to have a job, I dont get much allowance, and my parents never spend over 150 bucks on christmas for me. Oh yeah, also me and my sis agree, when we go out eating, we get yelled at if we talk becuz mom and whoev we with always talk the whole time.

siggievroom.gif

siggiez.gif

Thank you for your suggestion and yes its awkward typing on the ds but how the heck am I gonna buy a laptop? I am too young to have a job, I dont get much allowance, and my parents never spend over 150 bucks on christmas for me. Oh yeah, also me and my sis agree, when we go out eating, we get yelled at if we talk becuz mom and whoev we with always talk the whole time.

I think to put any type of program on the DS you need a flash card. There pretty expensive so good luck with that :P . Unless there's internal storage space which I highly doubt.

Do a search in google for "DS homebrew" and "DS flash cards".

goldenblade995.png

I think to put any type of program on the DS you need a flash card. There pretty expensive so good luck with that :P . Unless there's internal storage space which I highly doubt.

Oh, and don't forget the whopping 4mb of ram you'll get to use with DSLinux ;)

Can barely run Lynx as the pages say.

smithie3.jpg

Oh, and don't forget the whopping 4mb of ram you'll get to use with DSLinux ;)

Can barely run Lynx as the pages say.

4mb? I woundered why DS homebrew has never had anything good such as psp homebrew. That explains it, the ram, the psp has x8 the ram :shock: .

If you realy want something to do while your out to eat, wait for the Opera DS browser and try to find somewhere with a wifi signal and browse the web while you eat :D .

goldenblade995.png

Unless there's internal storage space which I highly doubt.

I read through a bunch of that stuff and from what I understand there is no internal memory.. Seems to me it's a lot more work than it's worth..

OT: If your parents won't let you talk, there's something wrong.. My parents are always trying to get me to talk to them.. <.<