STFU Noob - The Story of My Life

'Ello. Let's start off with the simple things first. My RuneScape name is Wrath Monkey (like it? it's original!). Originally, I wanted it to be Chaos Monkey... but whatever. I got what I got, and I liked it. I'm currently Combat Level 61 (as I write this), and with a Total Level of 872. My total GP is 18414, and I'm decked out in full Rune armor (brand new, used to have Mithril). No rares, no investments. I lack the strength of a PKer, the clever mind of a merchanter, and the will of steel of a skiller. I've also been hacked five times total. I don't know how, but it's never happening again.

Basically, I'm a noob.

Around every corner, in every level of the Wilderness, lurking behind every crack and crevice of the world is someone who is stronger than me, richer than me, or much more skilled than me. And at least half of them have the strong urge to call me a noob, even though I'm not bothering them in the least.

I had had enough after reading so many guides of people reaching a 99 in some skill(s), or 100 million GP, or something similar. I wanted get my Runescape career straight - and I figured that blogging it would be the best way to keep track of what's successful, and what isn't, as well as let everyone know that now, I'm determined. Determined to meet the ultimate goals, the biggest accomplishments. The toughest challenges.

So, what first, you ask? I don't know, and that's what I'd like to set out to all of you here on Tip.It... what should I do first?

As well, here are my stats:

statsupdate1.jpg

Thank you for your interest. I'm going for top - see ya there?

Hm...I guess it depends. I would recommend something small at first. I have two ideas; run with them if you want to. Either:

1) Try to get 100 qp.

-or-

2) Get all skills 30+.

Neither of them should take more than a day or two, and then you can set your sights of more ambitious goals.

One step at a time...you just don't start up in Lumby and make a goal of "All 99 skills or bust!". As your ability increases, step up your goals. That's how I did it...all quests done and currently going for 70+ all skills. :D

Man, your post reminds me of my nooby days...I was new to tip.it (quite shy, really; never really posted much), a f2p noob, and had a total of about 200. Just be glad your total level is so easy to raise; I remember getting about 300-400 total levels 1 month and another 300 the month I became a member.

Keep at it, grasshopper, and you'll go far!

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of a nice goal list.

1) 30+ all skills.

2) 65 Combat.

3) 43 Prayer.

4) Complete "Heroes Quest".

5) 100 qp.

6) 40+ all skills.

7) 125 qp.

8) 45+ all skills.

9) 75 Combat.

10) Complete "Legends Quest".

11) 150 qp.

12) 50+ all skills.

13) 175 qp.

14) 80 Combat.

15) Complete "Recipe for Disaster".

16) 55+ all skills.

17) 200 qp.

18) 60+ all skills.

19) 85 Combat.

20) All quests done!

21) 65+ all skills.

22) 90 Combat.

That will keep you going for a while. :wink:

70herby.png

If I was in your shoes, I'd cut willows for exp and to sell for cash or fish lobsters for cash...both for a solid week or so. Try to get pretty high in one of them so you will always have a money maker by fishing sharks or cutting magic logs.

Once you have enough cash, start training your melee stats to whatever you want. A money maker and decent melee stats is always a great thing to start with, because then you can always do what you want and have a way to provide yourself with anything you need.

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

Meh, I think the best money-maker for you to access first would be 44 runecrafting. Yeah, definately. Selling them for 330-340 each in bulk and buying pure essence for 100-110 each will leave you with about 200-230k gp every hour. To be honest, however, I'd recommend quests more than money. Quests open up areas that can be very good for training certain skills, whereas money does not.

70herby.png

well lookin at your stats....i'll say this:

1)2k lobbies. that's what forums are for.....

2)sell the lobs for 500k. invest it in chaos and death runes from the shop

3)sell the deaths and chaos at max prices, which should give you about 600k+-

4) lay off the money and get some skills in

5) do the hero's quest

6) train on mountin trolls with keldrim to bank for food :D

7) train some more

8) start merchanting coal with your money. every 300k should get you atleast 400k

9) pest control ftw!

10) all stats 40 plus

11) get 44 rc, and set people off (after buying tons of ess with your cash) to run the ess for you, payin them in cash

12) get some steel bars then go to a smithin company for free xp and cash

13) keep finding things with a wide price range to merchant.

14) get skills a little higher then mine

15) start to do barrows

16) get yourself a brand new shiny moving fire cape

17) try to get inducted into the ooc :anxious:

i hope it helps you in your goals. :)

well lookin at your stats....i'll say this:

1)2k lobbies. that's what forums are for.....

2)sell the lobs for 500k. invest it in chaos and death runes from the shop

3)sell the deaths and chaos at max prices, which should give you about 600k+-

4) lay off the money and get some skills in

5) do the hero's quest

6) train on mountin trolls with keldrim to bank for food :D

7) train some more

8) start merchanting coal with your money. every 300k should get you atleast 400k

9) pest control ftw!

10) all stats 40 plus

11) get 44 rc, and set people off (after buying tons of ess with your cash) to run the ess for you, payin them in cash

12) get some steel bars then go to a smithin company for free xp and cash

13) keep finding things with a wide price range to merchant.

14) get skills a little higher then mine

15) start to do barrows

16) get yourself a brand new shiny moving fire cape

17) try to get inducted into the ooc :anxious:

i hope it helps you in your goals. :)

ouch good one :)