A Small Horror Style 'Manip Tut.

Nadril

heres my first tutorial ever, hope it will help out some people around here :).

Step 1. The first step is to get a good image to manipulate. I usualy like to choose one that has good facial features and a nice tone to it, size matters too, as it is easier (and better) to manipulate a large image better.

For the Purpose of this Tutorial we will use this photo:

hubing.jpg

Step 2. Now the fun begins. Open up the image in photoshop. Duplicate your layer and set it to MULTIPLY. It should look like this now:

Multiplylayer.jpg

Step 3. Now its time to get some texture on to him. For the purpose of this tutorial we will use this texture:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/225605/ (linked because too big for upload)

Now Paste this texture on a new Layer for the image, and set the layer Mode to SOFT LIGHT.

Step 4. Now we will use another texture, to simulate cracks on the face. http://www.deviantart.com/view/5289283/ (again, too big for normal upload)

now paste it on there as well, and set it to overlay (find a nice spot.) Now neatly erase the parts on the clothing and background.

Your image should look like this so far:

Step4lookie.jpg

Step 5. We are getting a nice peice, but somethings missing. I can tell you what, its bloood . This is how you make the blood:

A. First, get a nice brush tip. You want one that is kind of rough, you can always search online for blood brushes too. Anyways, for this tut we will use these brushes. (you have to download them) http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/3935857/

B. Now use the First brush in the pack. Make a new layer and start to brush in places you want the blood to go. Dont worry about how it looks, that will be changed soon.

C. Now, set your layer to MULTIPLY and Duplicate it 2 times, so you have 3 copys of it. You notice how it looks like blood now? :D

Step 6. Now, this is the end of the tutorial, add a boarder and some text and your done!

yours should look somewhat like this:

Finished.jpg

notes: All of the Stock and Resources (textures and blood) can be found on http://www.deviantart.com Also, please experiment. This is not set in stone, try new textures, images, brushes and styles, you never know what you might find out!

Well, hope this was of some use to you guys, hope you all have fun :shock:

Very nice tutorial! Too bad deviantART is offline for now... The ending result is very creepy (especially his eye) :shock:

Thanks dude. And yeah, Devart should be back in about 15-30 mins :)

You've submitted this to devArt havn't you?

Nice tut

yeah i have :D

Thanks you two :) did i do good for my first tut?

Yea, it looks good

Thanks. Now once deviantart get's back people can actully try the tutorial :P lol.

EDIT: devarts back up now, so you can try it if u want to :)

Heres a quick job I did from the tutorial

nadmacabre.jpg

Not bad. I realy like the gash across the forhead :D also th blood coming out of the nose is nice, but the big line from the top of the nose past the eye and down to the cheek is kinda anoying.

Cool that it's easy to follow though :D

I didn't put much effort into it, as all I did was follow your steps to see how easy it was

yeah, basicly what i did for the tut too. You can get some nice results if u play around with it too :D

Ok, so you search for a photo and save it. (Not your work)

You download some textures and layer them. (Not your work)

You download some brushes and layer them. (Not your work)

What exactly gives you the right to submit this on DevART as your work then?

~witty

Ok, so you search for a photo and save it. (Not your work)

You download some textures and layer them. (Not your work)

You download some brushes and layer them. (Not your work)

What exactly gives you the right to submit this on DevART as your work then?

~witty

Its stock photos... And it's a basic tutorial to get started with.

btw, unless someone is totaly blind they can see that the texture/brush pack/ stock photos are from the people that i sent the link to, so what exactly is wrong with this then? :?

If the images used are stock, then the purpose of them is to be used by other people

Exactly, it's not like i'm saying that these are MY stock photos and MY brush set and MY texture, its a tutorial, not a huge piece of art.

Exactly, it's not like i'm saying that these are MY stock photos and MY brush set and MY texture, its a tutorial, not a huge piece of art.

No, I'm fine with this being a tutorial. But you submitted it to DeviantArt. That's the same as saying it's your work. Which it isn't because you just pasted a picture and changed the layer mode.

~witty

No, I'm fine with this being a tutorial. But you submitted it to DeviantArt. That's the same as saying it's your work. Which it isn't because you just pasted a picture and changed the layer mode.

~witty

I'm saying the tutorial part, the part that teaches you how to do it, is my work. i'm not saying its the most complicated tutorial ever, its just made to be a starting steping stone into Dark art.

Actually, I might have gotten this wrong. If you submitted it as a tutorial, then it's fine by me. I didn't bother to check your dev-page though.

But either way, it's a pretty mundane tutorial. No skill involved.

~witty

Actually, I might have gotten this wrong. If you submitted it as a tutorial, then it's fine by me. I didn't bother to check your dev-page though.

But either way, it's a pretty mundane tutorial. No skill involved.

~witty

you didnt even check to see if it's submited as a tut... Well maybe next time Check before you start Shooting out flames left and right :roll:

witty

1: edit, dont double post

2: he put it together, thats what he did

Putting together the picture of putting together the tutorial? Because, if it's the tutorial, it's fine. But if it's the picture, you can't blame me for thinking the world's gone stupid.

Also, I didn't double post. I replied to two different posts. I only noticed the second post after I replied to the first, but since they had nothing to do with each other, I did not edit. It's funny though, you telling me not to spam.

~witty