Why do steel arrows cost more than mith arrows?

digitalstick

When I looked at the price guide, steel arrows can go up to 80gp while mith is around 35 gp. When I look in the shops, steel still cost more than mith. Why? Isn't mith better?

AFAIK, the price goes up as the quantity in stock goes down.

So, compare prices when the store has equal amounts of both in stock.

That is a range of the price you could get it at. I know for a fact (bought 5k last night) that steel arrows sell for 40ea, but mith do cost more than that because, you are right, they're better therefore they cost more.

So don't worry there's no secret no one has told you about mith and steel arrows. If you find mith at 35ea, buy em up as that is cheap!

Slack_Tide.png

No offense but what price guide you checked is junkyacht price guide. It isn't worth more than steel arrows.

Steel arrows are about 35 coins and mithril are around 76 coins (don't know for sure)

Mithril arrows may be wrong but it's at least not cheaper than steel arrows.

There were more mith arrows in the shop, and nearly no steel arrows when you checked.

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

Steel can go as cheap as 12 gp at full stock, while Mith, I believe, can go as cheap as 32 gp - had a lucky streak when trainin range, finding a world with a barely used store.

If low level rangers are training, they may not be able to use mithril, so the price of lower arrows is driven up by the low stock, while mithril is not.