a new way to "pay" for membership

ikraz66

ok, so this is almost a joke topic- a silly idea, but not spam. Jagex would never do this, but it does bring up a good point. Every time you click on the ad banner at the top of the page, jagex makes money. What if after you click the banner say... 15 times, you get a complimentary membership, but you still have the ad bar. Jagex would actually make more money from this kind of members :XD:. and then i wouldnt need to ask my parents to use their credit card for :shudder :uhh: : an internet game!

or i could just wait 11 months until i turn 18 and can legally have my own card...:D

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I'm thinking that the amount of money Jagex gets per click is pretty small, so to do this effectively, you'l probalby have to click the ads several hundred times.

To make this idea more realistic is not only would you have to click the ad, but you'd actually have to buy something. Unfortunately, for you to get credit for that purchase in RS, you'd have to provide your user name (at least) to that seller.

Something I wouldn't recommend, since Jagex doesn't necessarily have control over all the advertisements, it would actually be possible for a hacker to purchase a banner ad and when you click it you get some kind of malware installed on your system. Sure, Jagex would figure this out, but the damage would already be done.

So if you goal is to find a free way to move from F2P to P2P, I'd say, "Nice try, but no cigar."

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Public Sevice Announcment:

Smokey the Bear Says: Remember kids, only you can prevent forest fires.

This puplic service announcement was brought to you by... Free Steel1's double post!

lol thats nice.

this would make mebership pointless just wait till your 18 to be a meber then get your own credit card thats my plan. ::'

phily.png

thxs vibro for the sig ^_^.

actually that would never work...at all. I tried one of those things before. Put an advert on google. and had everyone click on it a bunch of times so i would profit from every click.......turns out hosting sites usually pay attn to how many times a certain ip will access an ad and how much time is spent going through it. but hey, nice try lol.

:thumbsup:

fregglesalesc0.jpg

Nope, this would cause two things

1. Everyone would be a member.

2. Everyones computer would implode from spyware overload

1. And how is that a problem???

2. absolutely true--and therin lies the downfall to this plan :wall:

You dont want to ask your parents to pay for an "internet game", but youre fine with them going down to Best Buy and buying you a new game? :?

I say no, definately 100% no. Jagex would lose all of the real members they have, due to the fact 15 ad clicks is pathetically easy.

Edit - on the reply above, you ask "whats the problem with everyone being a member"... Well thats not the problem. The problem is that no one would pay $5 anymore to play. They would all just use the little 15 click to get their membership.

This wouldnt help them at all.

(And about you saying "theyd make more money"... You're saying they get 30 cents per click? :notalk: )

ok, so this is almost a joke topic- a silly idea, but not spam. Jagex would never do this, but it does bring up a good point. Every time you click on the ad banner at the top of the page, jagex makes money. What if after you click the banner say... 15 times, you get a complimentary membership, but you still have the ad bar. Jagex would actually make more money from this kind of members :XD:. and then i wouldnt need to ask my parents to use their credit card for :shudder :uhh: : an internet game!

or i could just wait 11 months until i turn 18 and can legally have my own card...:D

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH, was funny the first time I read, rediculously stupid the second time round. And FYI, I'm only 16 and I can pay with a debit card...Maybe it's different for us British people.

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH, was funny the first time I read, rediculously stupid the second time round. And FYI, I'm only 16 and I can pay with a debit card...Maybe it's different for us British people.

probably not, but i dont have a debit card

Clicking those ad's give you keyloggers, hackers, viruses and all sorts of things. I wouldn't suggest doing it, unless your at school i always to it hoping to screw up their computers. :lol:

But not many people, and in fact pretty much only idiots click on those banner things and if not many people click on them then not much money anyways.