the price of dragon armour

dan2012

can somebody please explain to me how the current market prices for dragon equipment is worked out ?!

from what i can gather playing the game:

dragon helm - 500k (down from 750k)

dragon skirt - 800k (down from 950k)

dragon chain - 15m (down from 25m)

dragon shield - 1.8m (down from 2.3m)

dragon legs - 2.5m - down from.. hang on.. 2.5m.

why are the prices of other dragon items getting cheaper but the price of dragon legs stays constant? at the time of buying my dragon square for 2.3m, i had the choice of d legs instead, but i chose d square as it's a more pivotal statement - that was 5 months ago. the price has now dropped a whopping 600k, but legs have stayed the same.

can somebody please explain?

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

I remember the prices were like this when I was around, with each item showing the highest prices I can remember.

Dragon Helm: 2mil

Dragon Legs: 3milish

Dragon Square: 5.5mil

Dragon Chain: 35mil

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I think this is a classic example of supply and demand. This type of rare has a high enough level of demand that pushes those prices much higher than their high-alch value.

However, since barrows equipment and other options (obby shield, etc) have been added to the game, demand for dragon equipment has dropped a bit, causing the lower prices.

Why legs are the same? Hard to say - probably because there are more male players wanting legs than there are female players wanting skirts, but the chance of getting either is the same.

Remember one thing, though. Any published price you see on a forum or price list is an estimate or average based on the data those researchers were able to obtain. If I have a d-chain, and I offer to sell it to you for 10 coins, then the price of it is 10 coins. That's the beauty of a free market - there are no arbitrary price controls stating that a buyer and seller have to agree on a published price. Whatever price you agree on is the price of that item, for that sale.

Though RS's economy is based on the free-market principle, there is the arbitrary baseline of an item's high-alch value. This affects prices of things like yew longs and mage shorts, but since people don't typically high-alch dragon stuff, that baseline doesn't apply.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

Maybe because people get Left halfs and Dragon Meds ALL the time from any random monster they kill, and Chains pretty commonly at the Kalphite Queen, but alot less people kill the metal Dragons that drop the Dragon Platelegs or something? Supply and Demand whatever.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

ok, no worries.. i'm not particularly bothered to be honest, i like my current set up:

d med, rune plate, rune legs, d square, desert boots, cooking gauntlets, legends cape.

d legs will only be needed when i FINALLY get a d chain drop off them annoying dusties (which i've been killing for 4 months) and i can wear full dragon...

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png